HR CoordinatorOldcastle Inc. | Lunenburg, MA, 01462, US
Posted a month ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
The HR Coordinator will assist with Human Resources, Safety, and administrative duties. They with assist with setting up company policies, maintaining employee records, new hire orientation, and ensuring a healthy and secure work environment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties & Functions)
- Support employment and retention activities to assure that suitably qualified personnel are recruited and hired in a timely manner.
- Assists human resources manager with salaried exempt and non-exempt hiring process, including but not limited to composition of job postings, advertisements and descriptions, screening of applications/resumes, background checks, interviewing of candidates, offer letter preparation.
- Assure that appropriate employee files are developed and maintained (personnel files, I-9 files, FMLA files, Education Assistance files, etc.)
- Conduct new hire orientations and onboarding. Ensures proper employee paperwork is completed and forwarded to appropriate personnel in an accurate, efficient and time sensitive manner.
- Request, collect and update med cards, drivers’ licenses and other information for DOT drivers/employees that require hoisting licenses.
- Coordination of physicals, drug screens, and medical services.
- Inventory and ordering of safety, kitchen and office supplies.
- Maintain phone lines and general voicemail.
- Collect, prepare and distribute donation documents and requests.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills & Specifications
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to diplomatically handle challenging situations with a professional demeanor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, rapidly establish credibility and gain trust.
- Adept at exercising superior judgement in dealing with critical/confidential information.
- Ability to analyze issues independently and consistently make good decisions.
- Outstanding problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong talent for utilizing resources and taking initiative.
- Ability to create new reports and/or modify existing reports with data contained in our human resources master system, payroll system, etc.
- Ability to create and distribute various other forms of individual and company-wide correspondence.
- Strong ability to multi-task, shift priorities and triage as needed without getting overwhelmed.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees and management in the organization as well as conduct training and give presentations as needed.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Experience in human resources, business administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of administrative experience in a tactical role.
- Must have experience creating and modifying a variety of reports and metrics.
- Strong knowledge of EEO requirements.
- Exercises superior judgement in dealing with critical/confidential information.
- Experience with unions preferred but not required.
- Experience in construction or similar industry desired but not required.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .