Associate Product EngineerTraka (Assa Abloy) | Mason City, IA, 50401, US
Posted 25 days ago
Are you a recent college graduate with an Engineering degree? Do you want the opportunity to gain exposure, be mentored and grow within an Engineering Team? Are you passionate about creating and/or re-tooling products to answer customer’s needs?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this Associate Product Engineer ing position could be for you!
Although this role will be based out of our Curries brand (an ASSA ABLOY company) location, this is a group level role that will be based on-site out of our manufacturing facility located in Mason City, Iowa.
ASSA ABLOY is a global leader in opening access solutions. Our Group focuses on the manufacturing of steel doors and frames within the commercial market catering to such industries as hospitality, healthcare, aerospace and defense, sports stadiums and educational markets.
What would you do as our Associate Product Engineer?
You will play a key role on the team by helping to a nalyze product design requirements in concert with product management to ensure new or improved designs meet the needs of customers, while balancing functionality, sustainability, reliability, manufacturability, and aesthetic requirements. You will also assist in validating manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are being achieved.
You would also:
- Prepare and maintain design/product specifications, design guidelines, and design plans.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Develop drawings of new or improved product designs utilizing CAD software
- Create and assist with executing product test plans, to include alpha, beta, and compliance testing for durability and functionality.
- Use engineering analysis tools (DFMEA, PFMEAN, VSA, FEA, etc) to evaluate potential product and process failures, quality issues, etc.
- Assist with the selection of sustainable materials for new or improved product designs in concert with Supply Chain and ASSA ABLOY guidance tools
- Develop and document specifications for purchased materials and components
- Assist with costing of new or improved products using material, labor, and overhead costs.
- Participate in Value Analysis / Value Engineering activities to meet customer expectations for new or improved products at the lowest manufacturing cost
- Assist with testing and verification of new and improved product designs as required for internal requirements as well as external 3 rd party certification agencies (UL, Intertek, FBC, etc) along with other vested organizations (SDI, NAAMM/HMMA, etc.)
- Participate in field activities along with product management such as VOC data gathering, to identify design changes needed to current product, or identify key features or constraints necessary for a new product launch
- Actively participates in providing a safe and harmonious working environment for all employees
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate governance policies, regulations and laws, AADG programs and policies and the ASSA ABLOY Code of Conduct
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Product Design Engineering
- Experience/Exposure to sheet metal product design and fabrication would be a plus
- Previous working experience using AutoCAD or ProEngineer and the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings is a must
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks or projects with competing priorities
- Proficiency with industry standard CAD applications; Solidworks experience is desired
- Possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
What we offer
We are passionate about providing amazing opportunities and benefits, so you can continue and progress a lifelong career with us – here’s what we have to offer:
- Learning and career development opportunities, whether it’s online learning, management training or enhancing your skills.
- A competitive salary and incentive schemes.
- Variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending, discount portal, recognition and well-being programs … to name just a few!
We review applications regularly, so don’t wait!
We are building diverse, inclusive teams, and encourage applications from everyone who can see themselves working with us.
To make sure your personal data is safe, we don’t look at any applications sent by email or post.
Let’s create a safer and more open world - together!
AADG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran
When you join our team, you will have plenty of chances to build a career you can be proud of. While you do, you will help us keep creating a safe, secure and more open world.
Hear their stories from every corner of ASSA ABLOY, and learn how you could build your career with us.
Our world of opportunities awaits: including extensive training, international roles and clear expectations for great leadership.