Experienced Apprentice or Licensed Trailer Mechanic (310T or 310J) - DaysChallenger Motor Freight Inc | Cambridge, ON, K0B, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser-focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then come join us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Team atmosphere
- Comprehensive total rewards package including company paid group benefits and individual RRSP
- Support of professional memberships and certifications
- Hours: Monday to Thursday, 5:30am- 4:00pm
As a part of our Maintenance Department, we are currently looking for an Experienced Apprentice or Licensed Trailer Mechanic (310T or 310J) to join our team. The Trailer Mechanic is responsible for daily and preventative maintenance and completes the required repairs on company-owned trailers. The chosen candidate will provide quality customer service to our drivers, is safety focused and is either a registered Apprentice or Licensed Mechanic (310J).
- Preventative and scheduled repairs:
- Review and follow work order instructions from start to finish
- Outline all parts used and input comments into the work order (complaint, cause and correction) regarding the repair
- Inspect entire vehicle and road test to ensure repairs are complete
- Test systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to isolate faults
- Notify shift Team Leader of any other needed repairs
- Identify any warranty repairs and complete necessary paperwork
- Perform Ministry of Transportation vehicle inspections as per Ministry guidelines
- Shunting and moving equipment in and out of maintenance facility and other destinations for repairs
- Shop cleanup:
- Put away any equipment used, including personal tools
- Shop cleanliness, emptying garbage cans at end of shift, washing floors and sweeping
- Attend shift meetings as required
- Participate in formal and informal training sessions
- Performing other maintenance duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Currently a Level 2 or 3 Trailer Apprentice Mechanic or Licensed Trailer Mechanic (310J)
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License
- Must have suitable tools or willingness to purchase prior to hire
- Able to use current technology to ensure vehicle safety and performance
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment
- Mechanically inclined
- Interested in the transportation industry
- Safety minded
- Strong customer focus
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative to prevent issues
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, professional and a positive team member
- An opportunity to contribute to the company by continually making improvements and resolving issues
- Good verbal and written communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
How to Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Experienced Apprentice or Licensed Trailer Mechanic (310T or 310J) may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.