Building Systems Group (MEP) Manager - Raleigh, NCMesser Construction Co | Raleigh, NC, 27601, US
Posted a month ago
Job Category: Building Systems Group (MEP)
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer Construction Co. is currently seeking a Building Systems Manager (MEP) to join our team in Raleigh, NC. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the field. In this role you will coordinate the mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and electrical aspects of the project from pre-construction through construction and post-construction phases. You will assist the Project Team in all phases of the project.
The Building System Group Manager (BSG) will utilize their technical and management skills to independently support major construction projects. They will plan, supervise, and evaluate the design, installation, and operation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems utilized in Commercial Buildings. The BSG Manager must have a demonstrated familiarity with the construction industry and excel in our “point of attack” management approach. The ideal candidate will also possess a desire for growth, long-term thinking, and relationship building skills .
What You Will Do:
- Support our Zero Injury safety program.
- Support the Quality Leadership System
- Provide document control including shop drawings, submittals, change orders, progress photos, and daily reports with mechanical/electrical/plumbing focus.
- Leads the spatial coordination and assembly of the building information model (BIM) with focus on the mechanical/electrical/plumbing trades.
- Leads the planning and execution of scheduled construction activities with mechanical/electrical/plumbing trades
- Establishes project level risk assessment and associated controls for mechanical/electrical/plumbing scopes of work
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of experience with commercial construction projects (Healthcare, Higher Education, Industrial etc...)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- Excellent organizational, Communication, leadership and problem solving skills
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at We Are Building - Messer Construction Co.
We build where we live, and it shows. When you take charge of your career through professional growth and collaboration, you can’t help but feel your impact on the community and the industry. And it’s what you can expect at Messer each day. In business since 1932 and employee-owned since 1990, Messer is the commercial construction company committed to building better. Are you ready to join the legacy?
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.