Supervisor, Production - 2nd ShiftSTERIS Canada Corporation | Youngstown, OH, 44502, US
Posted a month ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Job Title: Supervisor, Production - 2nd Shift
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This position supports Manufacturing by supervising employees/production cells to assure that work requirements of the cell and appropriate quality standards are being met or exceeded. Employee safety, product quality, productivity, team engagement/morale and daily communication are the primary responsibilities necessary to ensure objectives are being met. This is a 2nd shift position; 2:45pm-11:15pm, Monday-Friday.
What You Will Do
• Supervise and coordinate the activities and performance of direct reports to ensure the achievement of objectives and performance goals.
• Plan and schedule the work of multiple cells to make the most effective use of resources. Set priorities as necessary.
• Recommend budgetary needs and ensure departmental financial goals are achieved.
• Evaluate production records for work group to ensure that cell quality and productivity standards are met.
• Assure that all members of the cell are properly trained including job tasks, safety, company policies, etc.
• Evaluate and determine training needs and individual goals for members of the cell and balance them with production needs.
• Help determine ways to improve process and add value through quality improvement, cost reduction, improved efficiency, higher productivities, etc.
• Oversee the flow of materials, supplies and products through the cell as well as the status of the machine and equipment used, keeping senior leader informed of special needs.
• Maintain a safe a secure work environment.
• Initiate and conduct team meetings to promote teamwork and share information, establishing sound employee relationships.
• Supervise employee actions including counseling employees, disciplinary action, transfers, time off, performance reviews, merit increase, and performance actions.
• Develop employees through coaching, mentoring, performance management, training, and succession planning, while building employee morale and motivation.
• Communicate any changes in product requirements, company procedure, policies, organization, etc., to members of the cell.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure that company and team goals are met.
• Contributes to achieving financial objectives.
• Participates in employee selection, interviews and placement.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to be Successful
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent supervisory skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, communication skills
• Experience in manufacturing scheduling processes, dental instrument manufacturing processes including making, assembling, finishing and production support processes, as well as experience in extruding, printing presses and injection molding a plus
• Experience with various measuring devices such as micrometer, caliper and protractor
• Solid computer skills, MS Office Suite, SAP or other MRP programs a plus
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Youngstown
Job Segment: Industrial, Performance Management, SAP, Inspector, ERP, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Technology, Quality