NRIC Project Lead and Risk CoordinatorIdaho National Laboratory | Idaho Falls, ID, 83401, US
Posted 25 days ago
Job Description - NRIC Project Lead and Risk Coordinator (19178)
NRIC Project Lead and Risk Coordinator - ( 19178 )
Does a career focused on changing the world's energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory’s (INL) National Reactor Innovation Center (NRIC) is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Project Lead and Risk Coordinator.
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our Research Education Campus with every other Friday off!
The National Reactor Innovation Center (NRIC) Project Lead and Risk Coordinator (PLRC) oversees and coordinates the risk profile of various projects, products, and other strategic initiatives across NRIC’s portfolio of INL-based projects. The PLRC will gain experience to provide risk management leadership and guidance to project teams. Incumbent will ensure the risk profiles are complete and continuously managed to achieve project execution excellence for the NRIC portfolio of projects. The PLRC is responsible for understanding and reporting risks to NRIC management. In addition, the PLRC will gain direct leadership over assigned individual projects ensuring efficient and effective project execution, including developing, delineating and tracking system requirements; ensuring project objectives are achieved according to the project acceptance criteria within agreed parameters; proactively managing the cost and schedule.
The PLRC will work with the NRIC Leadership team (Director & COO), NRIC and INL project managers and technical leads, and project partners to develop and execute on projects, and partnerships to advance NRIC mission/vision and objectives.
- B.S degree and 5 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience
- B.S degree and 8 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes fields such as engineering, risk management, project management, and safety program management
- Proven success in managing projects and risk management programs
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Salary Grade 220 ($107,520 - $177,336)/240 ($135,816 - $230,904)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
INL is operated for the Department of Energy by Battelle Energy Alliance
1955 N. Fremont Ave.Idaho Falls, ID 83415Idaho National Laboratory
Equal Opportunity Employer Privacy/Accessibility