Network Specialist/EngineerJOHN STAURULAKIS INC | Lubbock, TX, 79430, US
Posted a month ago
Department: Broadband - Network Engineering Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lubbock, TX
Reporting To: Tom Lewis
DescriptionTo support its strategic expansion, JSI is seeking candidates for a Network Specialist/Engineer position in Lubbock, Texas. We offer a flexible and vibrant work environment, the opportunity to immediately apply theoretical knowledge in real-world networks, and career growth and advancement opportunities.
- Full-time, non-supervisory
- Some travel is required.
- On-call duties may be required
- Analyzing and designing IP broadband and telecommunications networks for ISPs
- Implementing network designs and configuring network equipment/related systems
- Directly working with ISPs to troubleshoot issues in existing networks.
- Consulting on network stability, resiliency and cybersecurity for service providers
- Documenting and diagraming networks, relevant processes, and troubleshooting steps
- Communicating technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner
- Keeping up with industry developments, new technologies, and best practices
- Improving knowledge and expertise through independent research, practice, and industry-accepted certifications.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts
- Network certifications are considered a plus
- Proficiency with Linux and Microsoft Server operating systems is considered a plus.
- Proficiency with standard operations of Windows-based computers and Office product suite
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple project detail.
- Attention to details and good judgment.
- Desire to learn and apply what you learn immediately.
- Computer/Management Information Systems or similar bachelor’s degrees are preferred for the Specialist role. Minimum GPA 3.0
- Engineering or Computer Science degrees are required for the Network Engineer role. Minimum GPA 3.0
- Practical networking experience is a plus
BenefitsAt JSI, you will have a career that is rewarding and challenging on every level of the organization.
JSI is committed to providing our employees with:
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A diverse, dynamic, and stimulating work environment
- Educational opportunities
- Work-life balance
- A competitive salary and benefits package