Associate Clinical Consultant - Kansas CityAbiomed, Inc. | Kansas City, MO, 64101, US
Posted a month ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Date: Feb 16, 2023
Kansas City, Kansas, US
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
In this role as an Associate Clinical Consultant, you will be responsible for demonstrating the value and impact of our Impella® product portfolio to physicians and hospital staff. You will advise Interventional Cardiologists and Surgeons in patient selection, partner on training, and attend implants. As a key role on the Commercial team, you will acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications. You will provide comprehensive guidance on the appropriate use of the Impella® devices enabling physicians and staff to deliver positive patient outcomes. This role will cover our Kansas City franchise.
- Improve patient outcomes through education and medical staff interaction, including clinical demos and ongoing training for new and existing accounts
- Collect clinically relevant data, document trip results, and communicate activities with other team members and sales counterparts.
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications.
- Attend implants and consult physicians and medical staff on appropriate use and applications
- Collaborate with sales counterpart on awareness programs and activities in franchise.
- Experience as an Abiomed per diem highly preferred
- RN License strongly preferred
- 2+ years of direct RN or tech patient support in an ICU highly preferred
- Direct patient support in a Cath Lab or OR
- ECMO experience preferred
- Hands on Impella support experience required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to advocate with physicians required
- Availability for emergent patient care required
- Ability to travel 50% within territory required
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.