Worthington R&D Lab AssociateIDEXX GmbH | Worthington, OH, US
Posted a month ago
Worthington R&D Lab Associate page is loaded
Worthington R&D Lab AssociateApply locations Worthington, OH time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id J-035070
This Lab Associate position is an opportunity to be a member of the Clinical Research Rapid Assay R&D organization based in the Worthington Reference Lab. In this position, you will be supporting research projects that enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care throughout the United States and over 175 countries worldwide.
IN THIS ROLE:
This position reports up through our R&D Line of Business. You will be working at IDEXX's Worthington, OH veterinary diagnostic laboratory.
The Sample Acquisition department is a division of IDEXX's R&D Clinical Research Team. Sample Acquisition embeds employees in Reference Laboratories throughout the United States. The purpose and focus of these embedded employees are to support the needs of Scientific Research Teams based within IDEXX’S Corporate Headquarters in Westbrook Maine. Currently, Sample Acquisition provides 90% of all the samples used in development for both Market Products as well as Future Products.
The best way to describe this position is that individuals are each assigned and working on specific tasks that contribute to the completion of a larger goal. One of the best things about working in a fast-paced research environment is that each day is a little bit different.
Some of our regular daily tasks include:
Collecting samples from the cold storage, data entry in Excel workbooks, compiling project data, tracking project progression, and preparing samples for shipment to collection teams.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. No previous lab experience needed.
- You have a positive attitude and love to bring this energy into the lab every day to support your colleagues, whether working independently or as a team contributor.
- You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- You value working at the highest levels of accuracy, safety and quality
- You are able to read, understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), including safety and quality procedures.
- You have a familiarity and comfort with using computers for data entry.
- You are able to prioritize and multi-task, demonstrated excellent attention to detailon the job and can work reliably and precisely
- Your customer service skills are top-notch
- Able to meet the physical requirements that go with working in a lab – standing and sitting for extended periods of time, phone & computer use, extended reach, lifting up to 50lb, and specific vision ability – close, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This is a laboratory, so there is potential exposure to biohazards, agents known to cause zoonotic diseases, and hazardous chemicals.
This is a full time (40 hour/week), day shift position, with scheduled shifts Monday - Thursday 6:30am-5:00pm
The shifts and hours may vary slightly depending on business needs.
Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
An innovation leader in every industry we serve, IDEXX follows its Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people. Approximately one-third of our team is located outside the United States.