Case Manager, Farmworker Career Development ProgramSouth Florida State College | Avon Park, FL, 33826, US
Posted 25 days ago
Category: Support Staff
Department: Farmworker Career Development Program
Locations: Avon Park, FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 159290
About South Florida State College:
South Florida State College is an open-access, higher education institution dedicated to providing a learning-centered environment through quality programs, training, and services. Working in partnership with organizations and communities, the college provides leadership and a comprehensive range of opportunities for the educational, cultural, and economic development of the service district.
SFSC is proud to be tobacco-free.
Full-time, year-round grant-funded* position to assist in the recruitment, evaluation, counseling, and job placement of eligible participants. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and recruits eligible candidates to enroll in the Farmworker Career Development Program, maintaining an active caseload according to grant guidelines.
- Ensures eligibility of applicants to Farmworker Career Development Program as indicated in grant guidelines.
- Completes and maintains required participant records, providing accurate and timely documentation according to program guidelines.
- Assists in career counseling and job placement of Farmworker Career Development Program participants.
- Completes and submits all required reports to appropriate offices.
- Attends relevant community meetings to become familiar with services available to Farmworker Career Development Program participants.
- Attends quarterly mandatory statewide training.
- Attends various WIOA and other assigned meetings.
- Coordinates a variety of farmworker services for program participants.
- Works cooperatively with the SFSC Career Center, Career Source Heartland and local employers in securing jobs for permanent placement of program participants.
- 40% of work time is expected to take place in the service community, representing the Farmworker Career Development Program at community events, i.e. job fairs, serving on community committees and recruiting new participants from high schools, churches, etc. (as assigned by the program coordinator).
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*The continuation of position is contingent upon continued grant funding.
Educational: Associate degree required. Minimum of two years' directly related experience may substitute for Associate degree requirement.
Experiential: Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Experience in student recruitment, career counseling, career assessments, and job placement preferred. Experience in meeting the deliverables of state or federal grant projects is preferred. Farmworker Career Development Program experience strongly preferred.
Other: Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills strongly preferred. Knowledge of Adult Basic Education, English Literacy, and Career and Technical Education programs strongly preferred. Knowledge of service area preferred. Must have reliable transportation for required travel within the service area. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Classification: Professional Staff, Level I
Reports To: Coordinator, Farmworker Career Development Program
Posting Date: February 20, 2023
Starting Annual Salary Range: $32,200 - $34,000
Application Review Begins: March 20, 2023
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
To apply for this position please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the application process. Resumes are optional.
If you experience trouble with the application process, please click here to contact the help desk.