Software Test LeadMagna International Inc. | Auburn Hills, MI, 48326, US
Posted a month ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Share this Job
Job Number: 44542
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics Auburn Hills
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN, US, 48326
Magna’s ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna’s electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It’s our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we’ll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing the software components (detailed design), codes the software components and tests the software components based on the software architecture and the software requirements within a project.
• Development (design, implement, test and debug) of core and/or application specific software requirements for automotive embedded electronic module serial production projects
• Develop software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/CMMi based Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
• Verify software requirements at component and bench level
• Support rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to software.
• Perform complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong software technical competency
• Work assignments primarily involve senior/advanced level work and may mentor other software engineer.
• Lead the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all software related activities for various projects
• Coordination of integration of core and/or 3rd party software such as CAN NOS into an application specific software ECU
• Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental goals
• Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
• 8+ years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory)• Knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
• Involvement in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge of embedded software development in C/C++ for 16 bit and 32 bit micro-controllers including application for micro-controllers such as Freescale, PPC, ARM core, TI DSP, Microchip and Renasas
• Experience with implementation of low level device driver software such as SPI, I2C, PWM for various microcontrollers.
• Working knowledge in structured engineering approach
• Working knowledge in development of portable, reusable and modular software in automotive environment
• Experience in using a disciplined software development process based on ASPICE or CMMi process model.
• Working knowledge of configuration management (preferably PTC/MKS), project monitoring and control techniques
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
• Key Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) – as applicable
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.