Content StrategistLendingTree, LLC | ND, US
Posted 25 days ago
*PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the candidate to be located in or near Charlotte, NC, or willing to relocate. In-office presence will be required as needed.*
Are you looking to work somewhere with the perks of a big company and the growth potential of a start-up? Somewhere you can use your writing talent to move the strategic needle for company initiatives and flex your creative chops to develop portfolio-worthy advertising campaigns? Somewhere you feel empowered to act like an owner while also learning from a team of experienced creative minds?
If so, you might be looking for LendingTree. Now let’s find out if LendingTree is looking for you.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to write high-performing editorial content for our credit cards business, as well as serve as a resource for marketing, creative and UX initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have an impressive portfolio of editorial content, along with a strong interest in marketing copywriting. Experience in advertising, video scripting and UX writing is a plus.
This position is about more than just writing requested content. You’ll be a key player in creative strategy meetings, helping develop concepts and identify content opportunities for our partners. About 10% of this role will be administrative work, requiring strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
This role will report to the Head of Copy on our in-house Creative Team.
- Partner with large credit card issuers to write editorial content, including advertorials, expert reviews, in-depth product comparisons and more
- Learn how to navigate our content management system and make frequent content updates
- Work with issuers to ensure content meets compliance requirements
- Take subjects that can be dry or uninteresting in nature and turn them into must-read content
- Maintain a consistent tone of voice for the LendingTree brand and adhere to copy guidelines
- Brainstorm, concept, and collaborate with designers, business stakeholders and other writers
- Identify content opportunities across multiple channels, including display, native, and social media
- Ideate and write everything from form flows to in-app content to TikTok videos to national brand commercials (and a whole lot more!)
- Be willing to write 20 headlines, get new direction, and start from scratch without batting an eye
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a writing background and professional writing experience
- Is witty, confident, and writes professionally with a lot of personality
- Has a portfolio of stellar writing samples that demonstrates an informed but conversational voice
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with Marketing, Product and UX peers as a key creative partner
- Can understand business objectives and proactively contribute strategic ideas
- Is able to work in a fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Asks for the ball and runs with it
- Preferred experience:
- Has experience writing for financial brands
- Has agency experience
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company(TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear(butplease,dowear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done(weeven have an award for employees called the GSD,“GetStuff Done”).
Come work with us!
Compensation: $75,000 - $80,000
Incentive Compensation: Eligible for annual performance bonus
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) matching
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.