Registered Nurse- Acute Care Specialty UnitsUniversity of Virginia Physicians Group | Charlottesville, IN, 46117, US
Posted a month ago
Registered Nurse- Acute Care Specialty Units page is loaded
Registered Nurse- Acute Care Specialty UnitsApply locations Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA) time type Full time posted on Posted 4 Days Ago job requisition id R0038270 UVA Health is seeking experience RNs to join our award-winning interdisciplinary team within our 600+ bed Academic University Medical Center.
Here, you will be joining a team of nationally recognized physicians, nurses, surgeons, and specialists known for their quality of care, positive outcomes, innovative treatments, technologies, and research. Join the Magnet®-recognized RN team within our brand-new, six-story tower that features latest diagnostic and surgical facilities.
Our Clinical Intake team (CIT) is ready to help you explore the opportunities throughout our Adult Inpatient Units. Please complete this one RN application where you will identify the areas and shifts you are interested in, and a member of our recruitment team will connect with you to find your next career at UVA Health.
• General Medicine
• Oncology/Stem Cell
• Acute Cardiology
• Cardiovascular Surgery
• Surgical Subspecialities
• Psychiatric/Behavioral Health
UVA Health offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Retirement Savings Plans, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
• Sign-on bonus’s available for eligible candidates
• Certification and Education support after 6 months employment
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Clinical Career Ladder for Professional Growth and promotion
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirementsandguidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Similar Jobs (20)
Registered Nurse - Acute/Ventilator Specialty - 3 North (Full time/Rotating)locations Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA) time type Full time posted on Posted 22 Days Ago
Registered Nurse - Pre Op/Post Op Peri-Anesthesia Main (SAS/PACU) Full-Timelocations Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA) time type Full time posted on Posted 4 Days Ago
The University of Virginia is an iconic public institution of higher education, boasting nationally ranked schools and programs, diverse and distinguished faculty, a major academic medical center, and proud history as a renowned research university.
In January of 1819, the Commonwealth of Virginia’s General Assembly chartered what would become the University of Virginia. Entering our third century, the University has served Virginia, the nation, and the world by: educating responsible citizen-leaders; advancing, preserving, and disseminating knowledge; and providing world-class patient care. These responsibilities are enduring and continue to inspire our efforts.
The UVA Health System is renowned for providing outstanding patient care, educating tomorrow's health care leaders, and discovering new and better ways to treat diseases. The UVA Medical Center and Physicians Group, School of Medicine, and School of Nursing are recognized for their excellence in patient care, education, and research.
At UVA, we offer a rich collection of benefits, which have long been recognized and valued for their comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. In addition to a robust array of traditional benefits such as health care, time off, and retirement, UVA offers an array of other benefits and services to support faculty, staff, and UVA Health team members with their personal and family needs.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and welcome diversity in all forms. For more information on the University of Virginia and the surrounding area, visit our Why UVA and Why Charlottesville webpages