Material PlannerYazaki North America, Inc. | Memphis, TN, 37544, US
Posted a month ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Yazaki is a global leader in the research, development and delivery of vehicle power and data solutions.
Yazaki works with virtually every major auto manufacturer in the world, and we've strived to maintain strategic and stable growth throughout our 83-year history. Today, we're on the lookout for energetic people with the potential to perform, as well as the ability to strengthen - and thrive in - the positive work environment we pride ourselves on.
Location: La Vergne, TN, USA
Ensure sufficient inventory to meet customer release requirements by analyzing demand, planning and placing affiliate orders, monitoring incoming material status and initiating actions to maintain customer supply flow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Material Planner Responsibilities
- Support and follow all corporate policies, procedures and values.
- Set up parts in appropriate system to facilitate customer release and inventory processing.
- Ensure customer requirements are received and processed as expected.
- Review system generated error reports and set up parts as required.
- Utilize customer systems when necessary for bulletins and customer requirement detail. (Moved from bottom of this section.)
- Answer all affiliate communications (email and fax) in a 24hr period unless other timing is specified by applicable procedure.
- Must be available for email/phone communication during the affiliate’s local time if necessary.
- Must be available by cellular phone to support customer concerns evenings and weekends.
- Communicate efficiently and timely with customer when necessary.
- Inform customer of any situation which may affect their production or build schedule.
- Provide commitment timing and/or detailed support plans for delivery when required, including Root Cause analysis and/or other containment actions and documentation required by business unit and/or customer.
- Monitor arrival and decide prioritization of inbound shipments with transportation department.
- Coordinate expedited orders directly with manufacturing affiliates when necessary.
- Complete all required authorization and tracking forms for expedited freight.
- Determine cost responsibility of extraordinary costs.
- Submit appropriate back up for premium freight cost responsibility to PCD and business unit management as well as business unit extraordinary costs specialists if applicable.
- Attend and participate in appropriate business unit meetings.
- Work on special projects or assignments as needed.
- performance to the customer
- Support metrics for internal deliverables and provide reporting on metrics as required by specific business unit.
- Initiate and support activities toward continuous improvement of key processes:
- root cause analysis
- corrective actions development
- preventive process development
- Verification that corrective actions are effective
- International Supply Chain knowledge
- Strong organization (multi-tasking), communication skills and mathematical skills required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to share work load with other associates in the department
- Desire for self improvement and a willingness to grow professionally through cross training or acceptance of additional work responsibilities
Some domestic and international travel is required.
On Call Requirements:
Office position – primarily sedentary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disability to perform the essential functions.
Yazaki North America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, veteran status, or other legally protected status or characteristic. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship. Yazaki North America complies with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the workplace free from all forms of harassment.
Copyright 2020 – YAZAKI. All rights reserved