BIM Specialist IAffiliated Engineers, Inc. | Portland, OR, 97204, US
Posted a month ago
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) is a leading, multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm and collaborative community of over 800 employees who plan, design, and deliver high-performance, innovative, and holistic engineering solutions — positively impacting society and advancing humankind.
Recognized in the Top 20 Engineering Firms and Top 3 Science and Technology Firms since 2000 by Building Design + Construction Magazine, AEI is dedicated to enhancing public health and improving patient outcomes, advancing revolutionary biomedical research, and enabling the next generation of scientific discovery and technological innovation through remarkable design and award-winning projects.
From collaborating with the California Air Resources Board to transform air quality in the world’s largest, zero net energy emissions testing facility to creating human-centric, technically advanced clinical environments that elevate communities — such as Healthcare Design Magazine's 2022 Design Showcase Winner, Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Venice, Florida — our work reflects the highest standards in sustainable design practices.
As a BIM Specialist I in our Portland office, you will help us empower our clients to achieve energy-efficient building solutions, save global environments, and create a better, greener future for all.
Here’s why we need you:
In this role, you will be providing on-going training, user support, troubleshooting, content creation and development, as well as project integration of BIM services.
Expertise of our most successful BIM Specialist I:
- Associates degree in a related field (for example, CAD drafting, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, or architectural design); or commensurate experience.
- 3+ years of design experience in the professional services industry, preferably A/E/C firm.
- Proficiency in using and supporting the current versions of AutoCAD and Revit MEP and Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology, Navisworks, Newforma, and Revit APP Store.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in creating Revit content, setting up models for production and optimizing Revit workflows.
Effective skills to help you flourish:
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.
Our dedication to you:
- AEI passionately invests in our brilliant talent by allowing for personal and professional growth through supporting clients like NASA; the National Institutes of Health and Cone Health System; the US Department of Homeland Security and US Department of Energy; and Stanford University and the California Institute of Technology.
- Our flexible and collaborative work environment demonstrates our dedication to employee appreciation and collective commitment to excellence.
- We provide the opportunity to serve the greater good of humanity through work on cutting-edge, state-of-the-art projects like Promega Corporation’s Kornberg Center, The University of Arizona’s Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building, AbbVie’s West Coast Oncology Hub, and BioMed Realty’s Gateway of Pacific.
- Our culture encourages professional development while adhering to a set of core values that drive company and team decisions. Our commitment to these values – innovation and expertise, integrity, communication, quality, responsibility, opportunity, and growth – informs both project decisions and behavior amongst colleagues and clients
- An exceptional benefits package (health, dental, vision) and a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
We provide the tools and a support system to ensure a thriving career. If this environment and opportunity to work on world-changing projects align with your goals, we would be thrilled to meet you.
Come and collaborate with us!
To be considered, apply online at https://aeieng.com/about/careers/.
If you know other candidates that would excel at this position, please share this posting with them directly via email, or to your
network on LinkedIn.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.