Procurement Manager- Indirect ServicesGerdau | Tampa, FL, 33646, US
Posted a month ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
This position is for domestic candidates only.
Are you an innovative person who enjoys thinking outside of the box? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to plan, problem-solve, and negotiate? Are you looking for an environment that welcomes new ideas and promotes teamwork? Join us in our cultural and digital transformation to build the future and the Gerdau We Are Creating .
- A strong global presence with mills that transform millions of metric tons of raw material to produce steel beams, flat-rolled steel, merchant bar, rebar, spikes, and wire used by the automotive industry, appliance, construction, machinery, and equipment industries.
- A culture that welcomes diversity, encourages innovation, and creates products that serve humanity.
- An environment that values teamwork, safety, and sustainability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and the belief that we can create a better future for our employees and our global community by investing in people, processes, and technology
- Competitive compensation with annual STI Bonuses.
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Plans – Eligible upon 1st day of hire
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create
- Four-year degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, or related field.
- Five years of related procurement experience including a minimum of two years in a supervisory role is required.
- A professional certification in procurement/ supply chain management (C.P.M., CPSM) is preferred.
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions, purchasing systems (SAP and/or other ERP software), manufacturing operations, and strategic sourcing. Ability to generate and implement contracts and managing purchase orders relative to all aspects of documenting the negotiations, communications, and accounting, tax, and legal implications of these transactions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Manufacturing Processes, Management Systems, Operational Routines and Procedures, and the ability to analyze Technical Drawings and Specifications.
- Ability to build strong integrated teams while fostering the professional and personal development of team members is an absolute must.
- Self-starter with strong skills in team leadership, data analysis, and problem-solving.
- Ability to lead negotiations and manage communications with Gerdau’s suppliers is required.
- Ability to function both effectively and independently as a member of a cross-functional team.
- High ethical standards, leadership, and a strong work ethic are also key attributes.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time to complete job duties and maintain effective relationships with suppliers, mill personnel, and regional & central Procurement.
You will provide leadership to the procurement team supporting one of Gerdau North America’s business units (GSN and GLN Canada Operations). You will ensure the timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services to support the production plans of Gerdau throughout the designated procurement region / business division. You will be responsible for reducing product costs, managing, and supporting supplier programs, meeting cost reduction objectives for direct and indirect materials and services, and exceeding internal customer expectations. You will work directly with the Regional and Central Procurement Teams in developing a strategic direction throughout their area to improve profitability and manage working capital. These activities include but are not limited to the execution of supplier agreements and purchase orders, management of supplier quality and performance, conducting cost-savings initiatives, and ensuring compliance to established policies and procedures. You will be responsible for the supervision and development of a team of Buyers and other Procurement personnel to support the business operations.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of appropriate local and regional markets and competitive practices.
- Serve as a liaison with the supplier community. Establish and maintain effective supplier and market relationships to accomplish this goal. Responsibilities include settlement of discrepancies within management guidelines, maintaining standards, and coordinating ongoing supply chain activities within their business division scope. Monitor and maintain continuity of supply and on time delivery, as well as the physical, safety-related, and environmental aspects of materials purchased.
- Collaborate with other members of the procurement team to develop the purchasing process and to achieve best possible cost, quality, reliability, continuity, and delivery relative to the Total Cost of Ownership. Review and assess vendor capabilities and past performance and execute purchase orders and contracts in compliance with company policy and guidelines and will assure vendor performance.
- Provide information to central management, plant management, and internal customers to help control costs and identify savings opportunities in the procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of the Steel Making Process, Procurement Systems, and Operational Routines and Procedures. Will assist in the development and contribute to the achievement of process goals (KPI’s). This position is a critical element in the development and execution of the Annual Action Plan and the administration of established policies, procedures, and processes.
- Oversee the acquisition of capital equipment and ensure that services are carried out according to technical specifications and meeting internal customer needs. Additional responsibilities within Capex acquisitions will include the effective management of milestone payments; monitoring and expediting equipment manufacturing and construction timelines, and monitoring of the contractual obligations between the supplier and Gerdau. Must have a working knowledge of foreign trade and INCOTERMS as well as contractual terms and conditions related to the purchase of indirect and direct materials and services.
- Resolve discrepancies primarily pertaining to specifications, weight settlement, order requirements, invoice payment and other disputes with suppliers and mill personnel, within established policies. Issues must be resolved professionally to maintain sound and effective relationships with Gerdau’s suppliers and internal customers.
- Standardize and continuously improve the procurement process according to Gerdau’s Procurement Policies and Procedures. Accountable for individual, team, and departmental attainment of established Key Performance Indicators directly related to the procurement process.
- Responsible for the management and development of support staff to continuously improve the knowledge and competencies of the team.
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org .