Construction Project ManagerUniversity of Oklahoma | Oklahoma, PA, US
Posted a month ago
Job Description - Construction Project Manager (230435)
Construction Project Manager -
Organization: Architectural & Engineering
Work Schedule : M-F 8:00am-5:00pm; some nights and weekends as projects require
Salary Range : Targeted salary $87,000 based on experience
Benefits Provided : Yes
Required Attachments : Resume, Cover Letter
Job Description- - -
The Department of Architectural & Engineering Services is hiring a Construction Project Manager to join our growing team! The Department of Architectural and Engineering Services (A&E Services) provides professional and administrative services required to direct the planning, design and construction of new and renovated physical facilities at the University of Oklahoma. Services are performed by in-house professional staff or are provided through the management of construction managers, architectural and engineering consultants. The department administers planning, design and construction for the three main campuses in Norman, Oklahoma City (Health Sciences Center), and Tulsa (the Schusterman Center).
The University of Oklahoma has been named one of Forbes America's Best Large Employers in 2022. Benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, life) for the entire family, generous paid time off, 14 paid holidays (including from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day), retirement plans, tuition benefits, and much more! For more information about what benefits are provided click here .
The Construction Project Managers at A&E Services represents the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents (as Owner) and the University’s administration by (1) serving as project manager for capital improvements projects and/or (2) providing daily construction administration of construction contracts.
- Represents the University during all phases of design, programming, and construction of both major and minor capital improvements projects.
- Evaluates drawings, specifications, and other documentation to ensure that projects comply with University standards and requirements.
- Capital project management, including various meetings with a variety of constituencies, including users, consultants, contractors, University administration and other departments; and translating project requirements into architectural/engineering design program.
- On-site capital project construction administration, including participating in regular progress meetings and special meetings; and monitoring contractor work for conformance with construction contract requirements.
- In-office construction administration; advising contractors, project architects or engineers, and University officials regarding project quality and schedule, coordination with other University departments and other project personnel; reviewing contractor submittals; responding to requests for information and other inquiries.
- Prepares progress reports and communicates project status to University entities and with external parties (vendors, contractors, consultants, etc.).
- Developing and monitoring project budgets; and reviewing and approving project expenditures
- Administering consultant and construction contracts; administering construction project procedures and conducting formal bid openings.
- Coordinates work with local, state, and federal agencies involved in the University’s construction program.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Job Requirements- - -
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
- 36 months of building, electrical, and mechanical construction, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 84 months' related experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to read, interpret, and evaluate construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to coordinate and organize goals and efforts of multiple constituencies
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in AutoCAD; Bluebeam
- Valid Driver’s License
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion. Bending, standing, and stooping. Climbing and lifting heavy objects. Exposure to extreme weather. Visiting job sites. Deals with occasional confrontation. Works in stressful conditions and meeting deadlines.
- Prefer candidate to be licensed Architect or Engineer.
- 3-7 years relevant post-graduation experience in commercial institutional construction administration.
- 3-7 years relevant post-graduation experience in architectural or engineering project management.
- Prefer experience as a team member on major capital projects of $10 Million or higher.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing .
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? - Yes
Special Indications : None, Hiring contingent upon driver's license check
Job Posting: Feb 16, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION HELP
Documents required for this position are listed under the "Required Attachments" section of this job listing. You will be required to upload and attach these documents in the application process.
Important: ALL required documents must be attached to your job application or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!