Philanthropy Coord - CMNew Hanover Regional Medical Center | NC, US
Posted a month ago
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 13445
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Foundation
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion. We embrace the differences in our strengths while fostering an environment of inclusion, empowerment, inspiration and courage. The team member will use Novant Health’s First Do No Harm (NHFDNH) safety behaviors/error prevention tools and high reliability strategies as appropriate to ensure a safe, remarkable patient experience. The Coastal Market Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Philanthropy team and the comprehensive fundraising plan for the Novant Health Foundation market of responsibility (New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC Foundation) and Brunswick Medical Center Foundation (BMCF). The coordinator will assist with the building of the major gifts pipeline through active management and development of Novant Health Foundation’s annual donors in the market of responsibility. The coordinator will be responsible for managing relationships with a portfolio of a minimum of fifty prospects/donors to achieve and sustain annual philanthropic support of the Foundation. Additionally, the Coordinator will maintain donor information in the Foundation’s database system. This position will work closely with the team’s Database Manager and Administrative Specialist to assist with processing all constituent gifts that are received by the Foundation and will handle recording and depositing of all Foundation gifts according to established policies and procedures. The coordinator assists the Philanthropy team in donor stewardship, including donor acknowledgement, donor recognition events and other donor stewardship activities. The Coastal Market Philanthropy Coordinator also provides both administrative and clerical support to the New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Brunswick Medical Center Foundations’ either as part of a team or individually to ensure the administration and smooth running of foundation business. Serves as resource to staff. This position will provide administrative and clerical support to the foundations’ Board of Directors and its sub-committees.
Essential Functions • Submit requests for disbursement to Accounts Payable. File Expense Reports. Collect invoices for department services, if applicable. Develop, monitor, and reconcile the budget and credit card statements. • Use of strong time management and organizational skills to competently conduct the tasks and responsibilities required for balancing two locations. • Assist Chief Philanthropy Officer in following up on all board action items. Initiating correspondence related to board recommendations and accurately detailing all follow up for the CPO and other staff members. • Foundation Board of Director duties include taking minutes at Board of Directors and Board subcommittee meetings, transcribing the minutes for each. Prepare agendas and PowerPoint presentations, ensuring all other materials are prepared accurately and distributed to the Boards. Secure meeting locations, set up location including audio-visual needs, submit catering requisitions. • Oversee departmental timekeeping duties including researching discrepancies and correcting as appropriate. Complete timekeeping duties accurately and by prescribed deadlines. Track attendance occurrences and submit reports to the supervisor and director. • Maintain organized filing and electronic filing systems to easily access information as needed. • Order supplies and maintain inventory for department. Complete requisition and send to Purchasing Department or vendor. Receive and distribute supplies. • Receive and process deposits of donations. Use established procedures for required documentation; create and mail acknowledgement letters. • Answer main phone line, respond to voicemail messages, provide quality customer service. • Create and execute practical, scalable, and operational tasks. Work closely with team members to monitor and evolve practices for continuous process improvement. • Professional Support: Supports the execution of the Foundation's comprehensive fundraising plan and donor cultivation and stewardship program; manages a portfolio of a minimum of 50 prospects/donors. • Working with philanthropy leadership, sets individual strategies and builds relationships with prospects through cultivation. Solicits gifts and develops and implements strategies to recruit new donors to the Foundation. • Must possess strong time management and organizational skills needed to competently conduct the tasks and responsibilities required for balancing two locations. • Process: Works with the team's Database Manager and the Administrative Specialist to assist with gift processing related to the Novant Health Foundation market of responsibility. Supports Foundation events, which may include, but is not limited to, overseeing the registration process, compiling invitation lists, composing letters, creating donor awards and recognitions and other event planning duties. Works closely with volunteers, community organizations/donors and department leadership in the planning and execution of special events. Assists in the evaluation of programs and events. May oversee volunteers in the Foundation. • Clerical Support: Enters data accurately and consistently, on a timely basis. Assists in recording and depositing Foundation gifts according to established policies and procedures. Generates weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports as needed. Assists with the maintenance of the department's invoice tracking, policy, and procedures, mailing lists and other operational documents. Provides logistical and administrative support to Development programs and initiatives and assists with the coordination of general office operations of the department. Provides administrative support to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and philanthropy team, which may include minutes, reports, scheduling, travel arrangements, maintenance of files and records. • Provide administrative support to other administrators as needed. • All other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience
Minimum two years’ experience in a multi-task customer service environment.
Business/Financial, Marketing, Foundation, and / or Healthcare experience
Refer to the Life Support Training Policy NH-HR-3096.
Type (ex NP, RN, CMA)
Additional Skills/Requirements (required)
· Communication: Creates an environment that supports and respects diversity to promote creative problem solving. Communicates the value of activities within the organization and community to gain cooperation and collaborative partnership.
· Customer Service: Holds staff accountable for customer service standards and ensures service recovery when needed. Ensures staff responds to customers in a timely manner.
· Inclusion & Belonging: Fosters a work environment of inclusion and belonging.
· Digital Fluency: Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, specifically Excel, Word, Teams, and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated desire to exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors with communication, understanding, sensitivity, teamwork, ownership, motivation, excellence, and respect. Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Novant Health. A professional and resourceful style; the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time. Strong analytical skills. Ability to meet deadlines and flexibility adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Extensive problem solving and critical thinking skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Accepts and respects diversity without judgement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar development database programs, strongly preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to respect confidential information. A commitment to providing services in accordance to the mission and goals of the organization.
Additional Skills/Requirements (preferred)
· Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive for reaching the next great idea and exceeding goals, Intellectual depth, moral integrity, personal vision, creativity, leadership skills, fortitude, sincerity, and diplomacy
· Ability to work independently and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of Novant Health.