Customer Experience Manager - Florence, SC - #8580The Home Depot | SC, US
Posted 25 days ago
Customer Experience Managers (CXMs) are members of the store leadership and management team, overseeing execution of store standards across the entire store, including customer service, department readiness, and operational process. CXMs manage all activities required to ensure a safe opening and closing process. They coach associates, address customer service escalations, and perform Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities. CXMs communicate priorities, ensure daily tasks are completed and that the store is running smoothly. At times, CXMs may be the only Manager available and will be expected to make business and associate decisions in partnership with appropriate resources and within standard operating procedures (SOPs). CXMs will provide input to the Store Manager (SM) and Assistant Store Managers (ASM) on Associate performance through the ongoing performance management and talent planning discussions. Although the CXM does not have direct reports, they will participate in the selection and hiring process as needed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Drive customer service and associate engagement; coach Associates on proper customer service techniques and ensure team is providing the highest level of customer service.
- Resolve customer escalations within the store and through Customer Care.
- Ensure Department Supervisors and Floor Sales Associates are prepared for high-volume sales periods.
- Monitor customer flow through checkouts and take action to ensure customers are receiving fast, friendly service.
- Take corrective action as necessary.
- Provide in the moment coaching based on observations and behavior.
- Partner with Assistant Store Managers (ASM's) regarding formal performance conversations and discipline.
- Recognize Associates for demonstrating expectations and use recognition tools (Associate Awards) to highlight associates demonstrating value based behaviors and productivity.
- Give input to ASMs on associate performance and participate in talent planning for all hourly associates
- Assist SM and ASMs with associate interview and hiring process
- Approve and address missed time-clock punches, variances, schedule changes, receive call outs and communicate with ASMs and SM regarding follow-up actions
- Ensure adherence to work rule policies regarding safety referenced in the Standards of Performance.
- Hold Associates accountable for following all SOPs.
50% Manager on Duty:
- Lead store kickoff meeting and walk each department to ensure store readiness.
- Communicate messages, priorities and task to all associates.
- Perform Opening, Closing and MOD tasking as well as other whole store focus responsibilities.
- Validate daily store priorities with ASMs and SMs.
- Ensure associates complete all store checklist in accordance with timing expectations.
- Provide input to associates, verify issue correction, and preventative action is put in place.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety and Hazmat procedures and Safety Matters guidelines at all times.
- Make sure all equipment and machines are functioning properly.
- Review current and upcoming events and ads to determine if any action is required, partner with appropriate Department Supervisor or Assistant Store Manager as required.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Reports to Store Manager
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Whole store management
- Big box retail experience
- Home improvement industry experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Develops Talent
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Engagement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.