Wetland Scientist / Regulatory SpecialistKleinfelder | Rancho Cordova, CA, 95741, US
Posted a month ago
ProfessionalWetland Scientist / Regulatory Specialist Rancho Cordova, CA : 12/6/2022 Job Description Job ID#:
Details: Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions. Step into Your New Role Kleinfelder's Sacramento, California office is seeking a Wetland Scientist / Regulatory Specialist to join our team. Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate will perform specific scientific work on client projects including preparing aquatic resources (wetland) delineations, reports, and analyses. You will work independently, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of moderate scope. The position may also include assisting other biologists in conducting environmental impact assessments, wetland mitigation monitoring, endangered species surveys and habitat assessments, and other permit preparation. Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Experience conducting wetland delineations in accordance with the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) 1987 Wetland Delineation Manual and supporting Regional Supplements.
- Experience with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Lake and Streambed Alteration Program and determination of CDFW jurisdictional areas.
- Plant and wildlife identification skills with emphasis/experience in California species.
- Experience with relevant survey and permitting protocols, especially pertaining to Clean Water Act sections 401 and 404 and California Fish and Game Code section 1602.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the state of California and federal environmental laws and regulations, specifically pertaining to wetlands and listed wildlife species.
- Experience operating GPS units under ArcGIS or Terrasync programs.
- Ability to conduct work year-round in adverse climate and field conditions.
- Ability to prioritize effort and effectively be engaged on multiple projects at one time.
- Conduct desktop environmental due diligence reviews to determine agency regulatory authority, and/or permit requirements.
- Ensure deliverables conform to client standards and expectations, comply with all applicable permits, licenses, and right-of-way or easement conditions.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Proposal writing experience is a plus.
- BS in an Environmental, Biological or Ecological Science, or Environmental Policy; Masters in a relevant field of study is a plus
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional wetland work experience with emphasis in California
- Ability to work flexible work schedules and availability to meet occasional priority deadlines outside of normal working hours
- Ability to travel throughout California
- Strong technical writing skills
- Comprehensive understanding of federal and state wetland permitting
- Passion and aptitude for learning and career development
- A valid driver's license
- Strong skills in verbal communication of technical issues
- Strong technical writing and editing skills
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $55,151 - $91,994.Career Development:We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program. Equal Opportunity:Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.