Production Supervisor - 1st shiftAlliance Laundry Systems LLC | WI, US
Salary Range:$40,000 – $51,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted a month ago
As a Production Group Leader, you will be the first line leader to support team members within your area/zone. You will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities in order to maintain scheduled production requirements and to ensure your team is successful.
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement
- Empowers and expects every team member to contribute to continuous improvement
- Demonstrates a core value of respectful treatment of all team members in every discussion, interaction and decision
- Desires to eliminate waste and to develop team member skill to improve lean operations
- Ensure that employees are properly trained by their Team Leader or other designated trainer in the areas of safety, quality, equipment operation and 6S
- Interface with technical staff to ensure proper support
- Establish annual goals and objectives that support the attainment of operating metrics
- Work to continuously improve processes and reduce inventories and work in progress
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues
- Interface with Union Stewards in contract and discipline issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven history of ability to lead with a servant leadership mindset.
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in a medium/high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Previous manufacturing supervision experience would be preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing Engineering or Operations is preferred.
- Previous professional, internship or co-op experience will be taken into consideration as relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-driven and ambitious with proven leadership capabilities, including providing coaching, mentoring and supervision within a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong problem solving skills, including encouraging others on your team to think proactively and create solutions.
- Basic understanding of process control, production scheduling, Kaizen, Kanban and Lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Stooping, bending, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity and able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance