Automated Welding (LAWS) OperatorLiburdi Automation Inc. | Dundas, ON, L0H, CA
Posted a month ago
Location: Dundas, Ontario, Canada
Web Site Address: www.liburdi.com
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: email@example.com
Reference Number: TE08082022
Please quote the above Reference Number in the subject line of your email
Liburdi Turbine Services provides mechanical and metallurgical engineering services specifically tailored for the gas turbine industry. This allows us to perform an independent analysis of problems and, where required, to modify or redesign components. Our expertise lies in the fields of aerodynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, stress analysis, metallurgy and mechanical design as they apply to aircraft and land based gas turbines. The company offers firm opportunities for career growth in an attractive but yet challenging technical environment. We are currently seeking an Automated Welding (LAWS) Operator to undertake production activities using our Liburdi Automated Welding Systems (LAWS).
The role of Automated Welding (LAWS) Operator reports to the Manufacturing Manager. We have one (1) position available on our day shift (Monday to Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm).
Typical Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Set-up and operate automated weld machines with minimal supervision while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Run daily production requirements utilizing automated welding systems.
- Interpret standard procedures to determine welding requirements, operational sequences and set up requirements.
- Perform required PM checks daily as required and closely monitor machines for signs of problems.
- Keep machine and surrounding work space clean while maintaining a safe organized work environment.
- Reporting deviations from specifications to weld tech or supervisor
- Communicate with weld tech, supervisors, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve welding or quality issues
- Support weld tech in development of welding techniques and procedures for new applications.
- Support weld tech in weld procedure qualification (i.e. PQR and WPS per ASME Section IX)
- Support weld tech in Performance verification for new and existing welding systems
- Support weld tech in troubleshooting and diagnosing machine errors.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with the Liburdi ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Key Skill Requirements:
- Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks while supporting multiple projects
- Ability to work with deadlines and manage deliverables
Key Education/Experience Requirements:
- Welding Technology college diploma or equivalent welding experience
- Experience running mechanized GTAW, GMAW, FCAW and PAW systems is an asset
- Previous experience in the welding industry preferred (co-op experience accepted)
- Familiarity with ASME code weld qualification preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience running FANUC robots preferred, but not mandatory
This role is a full-time position. Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resume (please include the reference number in the subject line) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liburdi is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.