SEN / SEND TutorTargeted Provision Ltd | Swindon, England, SN1 3JU, GB
Posted a month ago
We are looking for SEN / SEND tutors with a genuine passion for transforming the lives of disengaged, at-risk, and vulnerable learners. At Targeted Provision our mission is to raise the standard of educational support offered to vulnerable young people in the UK. We keep the team around the child, and you will be supported throughout every placement by our team of SEN / SEND Support Specialists. This role is perfect for qualified SEN / SEND teachers who are eager to work via 1:1 tutoring with children and young people with a variety of learning needs, in a creative, flexible, holistic, and trauma-informed manner, to raise their engagement and drastically improve the outlook of their educational journey.
What we offer our SEN / SEND Tutors:
- Flexible part-time hours to suit your schedule
- Extensive CPD and upskilling opportunities, including access to the full Tes CPD suite while working with us
- A SEN / SEND Support Team dedicated to keeping a team around the child, and ensuring that every placement is a success for the young person and you
- We invite every active tutor to join our tutor community, where our tutors and ourselves share best practice, resources, and tips
- A place as part of a child-centred company committed to transforming the world of support for vulnerable young people for the better
The SEN / SEND Tutor role:
- This role will involve providing tuition to young people referred to Targeted Provision
- These young people are referred to us by local authorities and schools and will require some level of support in their educational and social-emotional journey
- If selected, your role will be to provide this support via flexible and holistic trauma-informed tutoring and mentoring
SEN / SEND Tutor tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning each session of teaching / tutoring / mentoring
- Providing the young person with holistic and engaging sessions which meet their needs and advance their educational and social-emotional journey
- Completing lesson reports and providing feedback on the young person's progress
SEN / SEND Tutor requirements:
- Professional Teaching Qualifications (QTS / QTLS / PGCE / B.Ed / PTLLS / DTLLS / CELTA)
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Experience working with young people with Additional Educational Needs
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of safeguarding processes
- Enhanced DBS (we can help obtain this at cost if needed)
- Two professional references
It is a strict requirement that you have the ability to work in a way that promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people and follow safeguarding policies and procedures at all times.
SEN / SEND Tutor employment status:
- This position involves engaging with us as a Worker, to provide short-term engagements as and when they arise
- You will work through a contract for service and will be paid via PAYE
- We do not offer any set amount of work nor expenses coverage
- Our insurance covers the work you do for us
- We look forward to receiving your CV, outlining your relevant skills and experience that can help make a difference.
- Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two weeks.
- We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds. The over 2 million vulnerable children in the UK are disproportionately constituted of minority and LGBTQIA communities, as well as people with disabilities, refugees and migrants, and people living with mental health conditions. It is integral to our mission of raising the standard of support for the UK's vulnerable learners that we engage tutors from all backgrounds so that our tutors can share/relate to the experiences of our students.
- We take Safer Recruitment seriously. All candidates must pass through our strict processes to ensure their suitability to work with children and young people before being considered for work with us.
- Interviews are being scheduled on a rolling basis.
- Please note that all tutors are considered for work within a 40-minute driving distance of their postcode, rather than the specific location applied for. If no advert is in your immediate area, please do not worry and select the next closest location to you.