Provides care for patients with respiratory disorders.
Work Schedule: Full Time (72hours per two week pay period) ROTATING (May have the opportunity to request preferred shifts in future. This must align with departmental needs)
Location: University of Colorado Hospital
U.S. News ranks University of Colorado Hospital as the No. 1 hospital in Colorado. Additionally, nine of our specialties are ranked among the nations best with a national ranking of #2 in Pulmonology & Lung Surgery. University of Colorado Hospital is the regions only academic hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center, Burn Center of excellence for the region, and Stroke Center. We currently have 8 adult critical care areas; Medical ICU, Medical Surgical Progressive Care, Surgical Trauma ICU, Cardiac ICU, Neuro ICU, Covid ICU, Cardiothoracic ICU, Burn ICU and a Level 3 NICU with 50 beds.
What UCHealth has to offer:
• Sign-On Bonus: $15,000 for full-time RT new hires. Must have at least one year RT experience to be eligible and not employed by UCHealth in the past twelve months. 24-month commitment.
• Retirement and Pension Plan
• Career Advancement Ladder
• Eligible for evening, night and weekend differential
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices. Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance.
- Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment utilizing appropriate protocols.
- Educates the patient and family about the patients illness and provides information about community resources.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist - Natl.
- Respiratory Therapist-State
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
- Minimum Experience: None Required.
- ADDITIONAL POSITION LEVEL CREDENTIAL INFORMATION: ACLS within 1 year of hire; NRP within 6 mos of hire
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is: $29.54 - $44.31 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicants relevant experience. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorados largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, its a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, well do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. Theres no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individuals race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.