- CSA Mine
- Cobar, NSW, Australia
- Residential 7/7 Roster, Great Employee Benefits
Driller - Vent Rise (Shaft)CSA Mine, New South Wales Ref. No. CSA0049
CSA Mine is looking for a Vent Rise Operator to join the team. You will work in a team that is focused on safety, while driving to meet the plan. You will work in one of the world’s most iconic mining districts, which has the second highest grade copper mine in the country.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• The operation of a variety of equipment including concrete pumps, grout pumps, pneumatic winches, and IT’s
• Installation of a variety of ground support to specification using handheld mining equipment
• Blow piping of shaft floor to create level work areas
• Installation of mine services such as poly pipe, fans, ventilation, pumps, eyebolts, and ground support as required outside the shaft area
• Current Australian Driver’s Licence (minimum P2 manual)
• Ability to work on a small crew and/or work autonomously as required
• Good level of fitness suited to a physically demanding role
• Handheld mining equipment experience (desirable)
This is a residential position and is offered on a 7/7 roster. 12 weeks of free transit accommodation and relocation assistance is provided to assist the successful applicant to source their own accommodation locally with relocation assistance provided. CSA also provides Pool & Gym Reimbursements to our employees and their dependants.
Located an eight-hour drive to Sydney, nine-hour drive to Melbourne, and a quick three-hour drive to Dubbo, Cobar is a fascinating town rich in mining heritage and natural attractions. Entertainment options include restaurants, pubs, and clubs for dining out. You will be kept busy with a bowling and golf club, rugby and rugby league teams, race club, pony club, Olympic size swimming pool, gym – and more! The town boasts beautiful parks, two reservoirs, picnic areas and playgrounds. The youth club Youthie is a vibrant children’s hub with a games room, gym and weights room, squash courts, sauna, indoor stadium, outdoor basketball court and a skate park.
You will be entitled to a comprehensive range of benefits aimed at attracting and retaining our most valuable asset, our people. We offer competitive remuneration and other financial benefits including medical and insurance discounts, recognition and reward programs, external education opportunities, further development and career pathways, plus use of CSA Rewards, our online rewards platform which provides access to discounts or cashback offers for 100s of retailers.