Application closing date: Friday, 10 February 2023 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Wednesday, 01 March 2023
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: Not applicable
Security clearance: Must have a positive Positive Vetting clearance
Rates: To be negotiated based on the level of skills and experiences
The Operational Engineering (OE) Branch within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) develops leading-edge capabilities to support enterprise mission needs and cyber outcomes. These capabilities consists of a combination of:
•Delivery of new capability under the REDSPICE program,
•Enhancing and modernising existing capabilities.
To facilitate this, OE has a requirement for a Solution Architect. The Solution Architect will lead the architecture and design of technical solutions (products and services) to meet business requirements and align with ASD technical standards.
This will involve working with our specialist's technologists and software delivery teams as required to guide design decisions including strategic direction, develop solution designs, and develop as built or other required artefacts to drive concept development.
Stakeholder engagement and exceptional communication are key requirements.
- Produce detailed solution designs that can be implemented by delivery teams.
- Document current state solution architecture.
- Conduct capability and concept development to inform future state design.
- Guide decision making of complex system solutions. Complex either in their depth (e.g. algorithmic uniqueness, multi-threading, API perfection, performance), in their wider interactions (e.g. services & integrations, systems thinking), or consider non-functional requirements to be effective (e.g. scale, resilience, security)
- Collaborate with capability delivery teams to implement the designs and address issues as they arise
- Assess risk and measure compliance with policies and standards. Understand the implications of new technologies
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Defence, classified or hardened network deployment experience
- Qualifications and experience with frameworks and methodologies for designing, planning, implementing, and governing enterprise and system information technology architectures.
- Qualifications and experience with system engineering principles and practices.
How To Respond
Please provided an updated CV and a maximum 500-word statement to reflect your suitability for this role based on the requirements above.