UGL’S Utilities team designs, constructs and maintains critical infrastructure across the water and power sectors. Ranging from wastewater treatment plants to power stations. We design and construct the following assets; power generation, transmission lines, substations, electrical distribution networks, water and waste water treatment plans and water pipelines.
Our Utilities team works hard and celebrates successes and efforts. If you are looking for a bright future and opportunity to grow your career, then join UGL – a great place to work!
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
• Opportunities for people to grow and develop
• Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
• Improved safety outcomes
• Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post completion
• The necessary framework for emergent projects
Bryn Estyn Project
The Bryn Estyn WTP Upgrade project is the design and construction of a new 160 MLD water treatment plant within the existing Bryn Estyn WTP site. Bryn Estyn WTP is location 30 mins outside of Hobart and services approximately 60% of Hobart Water supply annually. Construction is expected to take approximately three (3) years, with the upgraded WTP to provide a robust and multi-barrier approach to protecting health and reducing risk within the water catchment. The project will include a new 22kV high voltage network, LV distribution and associated instrumentation and controls.
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for site commissioning, training, testing and handover activities.
• Prior to going to site, to study and discuss with the other project team members, contract requirements, drawings, specifications, work program and special requirements relating to commissioning issues.
• Upon arrival on site inspect the works ensuring that plant equipment and services are installed/provided in accordance with UGI requirements as indicated on drawings, instructions and installation manuals.
• Preparation of Commissioning Plans, ITP’s and Check Sheets to adequately plan and document commissioning activities for the project.
• Preparation of Commissioning Program to identify all commissioning activities to be completed as part of the project and identify the extent of plant and personnel resources to enable the successful execution of commissioning activities within the contractual timeframe of the project. Liaison with Project Management to ensure that the identified resources are obtained utilizing a timely and cost-efficient approach.
• Engineering degree or equivalent qualification/experience
• Proven performance in previous commissioning roles
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment desirable
• Alliance experience desirable
• Project Management knowledge and proven leadership experience
• Proven applied knowledge of AS9001 Quality Systems
What makes you right for UGL
• Ability to provide a safe, supportive, and positive workplace
• Empower a united and collaborative culture Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
• Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients, and other stakeholders
• Genuine concern for safety