Fuel allowance will be bumped up from $200 a month to $350 (or $175 per paycheck).
We are looking for an experienced Saw Filer.The job requires the successful candidate be able to bench, repair and re-tip circular and band saw blades in order to keep the plant's saw centers operating
efficiently and safely.This person will examine saws for defects, repair damaged teeth in both circular and band saws and also complete all required maintenance and repairs of filing room equipment.
**This job supports the day shift, including weekends.**
Responsibilities may include saw fitting (inspecting blades, removing defects), knife grinding, maintenance, alignment and set-up of sawing machines in addition to other filing responsibilities.
**Responsibility and Accountability:**
- Be competent and proficient with multiple different saws but primarily files 1-2 types of saws.
- Maintain and repair saws and related equipment at the plant (repair cracks and replace teeth including carbide and swage tooth).
- Be able to bench both band and round saws. Complete required preventative maintenance tasks. Assist in machine center alignments.
- Handle all foundational saw filing duties and responsibilities. Provide direction for those requiring extensive experience or expert knowledge. Knife grinding as applicable at the plant.
- Minimum of 2-3 years saw filing experience or has completed a filing trainee program, with certification
- Demonstrated ability to: fit, bench and repair round saws and band saws and complete saw changes.
- Strong understanding of machines, saws and production flow.
- Ability to stand 8 - 10 hours per day, lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to complete repetitive upper body motions
- Experience with swage, shape, hammer saws, changing edger saws and guides.
- 401(k) with a 6% company match- vested IMMEDIATELY!
- Medical / Dental / Vision Options
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral program; earn a $500-$1000 bonus for a successful referral
- Wellness Program with reward incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement, Apprenticeships, Career Development
- Access to company owned land for recreation
TheDay in a Lifevideo is on the Stimson Corporate site on the [Why Stimson page]
Direct Video Link:[https://player.vimeo.com/video/735783467?h=cfbb018aab&dnt=1&app_id=122963]()
You should be proficient in:
- Meets Physical Requirements
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment