Do you have the career opportunities as a Lead Phlebotomist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Lewisville which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Lewisville, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Lead Phlebotomist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Perform phlebotomy procedures to obtain specimens for laboratory testing. Interact with fellow phlebotomists under general supervision of Lab Director, Assistant Director and Phlebotomy Supervisor in a training and lead role.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- You will transport, process and perform clerical duties as necessary for testing on patient samples.
- You will provide leadership and vision to obtain department goals.
- You will support the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- You will need initiative and judgment required in assuming responsibilities.
- You will need to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected needs of the department.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Graduate / GED
- One year experience desired
No Travel Travel Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Lewisville is a full-service 190+ bed medical and surgical facility. We offer a broad spectrum of care to the communities of southern Denton County. We have emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Flower Mound. Our patient tower has two floors dedicated to women’s services. We have a specialty obstetrics referral center for high risk OB services. We have a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Medical City Lewisville is a Level III Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We have over 360 physicians and 800 healthcare associates. We offer a supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines. This allows us to treat our patients with the highest quality health care in a comfortable setting. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists. Our patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.