Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Transporter? At Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Transporter like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Transporter for the Radiology department, you will perform a variety of non-technical and clerical duties to assist in providing patient care and assist with diagnostic and pre-operative procedures. We value every member of our team and consider ourselves family. We are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will perform a variety of clerical and non-technical duties to all imaging modalities.
- You will be primarily responsible for providing the safe transport of patients to and from nursing units.
- You will assist in radiologic technologists with CR imaging processes and will be familiar with associated equipment.
- You will assist technologists in all modalities with patient care duties.
- You will maintain equipment to ensure proper operation and cleanliness.
- You will ensure oxygen tanks are full and operational at all times.
- You must be willing to perform special projects as assigned by the Technologists, Coordinators, Manager, and Director.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Interest in the medical field and or previous experience preferred.
- Must possess general clerical skills.
- Must have sensitive, maturity, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Must have knowledge of hospital and department policies and procedures.
- CNA certification is preferred.
- Medical terminology and/or medical -related training preferred
- Experience in medical environment with patient interaction, body mechanics and general office skills preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a full-service hospital with 318+ patient beds. Our hospital is the largest medical facility in the region. We serve southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park, and parts of Montana. Our facility has an ER, a Level II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (one of two in Idaho), and the only Burn Center in the state of Idaho. We have the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for critically ill children. Our 74-bed Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient and outpatient mental health care for adolescents and adults.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and EIRMC are all about caring for people. This care extends to patients, families, and colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Transporter opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.