HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Clinical Nurse Coordinator (RN) to join our Telemetry Progressive Care (PCU)Team! This role will work in a full time status.
The Telemetry Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
What qualifications you will need:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- A BSN or MSN is preferred. Other qualifications considered include AA in Nursing or Nursing Diploma
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare provider certification current
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical expertise
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Supervision, delegation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful and able to make decisions quickly
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed hospital. We are a top-performing quality hospital. We have over 300 of the most respected and qualified physicians in the area. We offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Cancer Care Center. Our services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties. We give advanced care to critically ill patients. We offer emergency services at our main emergency room (ER). We also have a pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs. Together, our team has an unwavering conviction to improve more lives in more ways.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Clin Nurse Coord opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.