The Home Health RN Patient Care Manager (Registered Nurse, RN) is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of clinical services. Coordinates and supervises an interdisciplinary team of staff to assure the continuity of high quality care to home health patients assigned to the team's area in accordance with physician prescribed plan of care, and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- Work Life Balance
- Comprehensive Training
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great Culture
HomeCall , a part ofLHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Receives referrals and ensures appropriate clinician and/or therapist(s) assignments for timely patient evaluation by signing off after authorization and plotting start of care (SOC) visits.
- Coordinates determination of patient home health benefits, medical necessity, and ongoing insurance approvals.
- Ensures patient needs are continually assessed and care rendered is individualized to patient needs, appropriate and reasonable, meets home health eligibility criteria, and is in accordance to physician orders.
- Oversees and assures development, implementation, and updates to the individualized patient plan of care, as appropriate.
- Manages and documents phone calls from physicians, clinicians, patients, referral sources, and communicates patient updates/new orders to clinicians. Uses coordination notes to document, as needed and appropriate.
- Reviews assessments and plans of care daily, per assigned workflow, and consults clinicians with recommendations, as appropriate.
- Coordinates all aspects of care with all disciplines, physicians, durable medical equipment providers, caregivers/family members, transferring facilities, and any other applicable healthcare providers.
- Follows-up on lab and other clinical diagnostic test, physician contact, and significant changes in the patient condition to ensure adequate physician notification, follow-up, and needed plan of care modifications and communicates such to clinicians.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates, and documents case conference/SOC reports and facilitates effective exchange of information across disciplines especially with adverse findings, changes in patient condition, daily and urgent updates, as necessary.
- Assists clinicians in coordinating the transfer and discharge of patients from agency services as indicated by the physician.
- Receives report from field clinicians prior to scheduled days off on patient status and ongoing needs.
- Processes new orders and updates the visit frequency, as appropriate, when the oncall RN takes supplemental verbal orders which alter frequency going forward.
- Writes and processes orders when taking verbal orders directly from the physician and communicates such to field clinicians.
- Assures payer change documentation is completed properly and timely, as required.
- Reviews clinician visit notes weekly to ensure timely, complete, appropriate, and accurate submission of all documentation by field staff. Takes necessary action to correct adverse findings and communicates trending to clinical director.
- Reviews, evaluates, and supervises service delivery to ensure appropriateness of care and utilization of services, equipment, and supplies through activities such as random patient visits, medical record reviews and case conferences.
- Enters infections and incidents/occurrences into the online Risk Management Incident Reporting System, as specified by policy.
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical team members in collaboration with the clinical director.
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary, in accordance to scope of practice and physician orders.
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily clinical and coding edits.
- Directs clinicians in utilizing best practice interventions when finalizing Plan of Care for all patients.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Follows-up with On-Call events daily.
- Receives report from weekend and after-hours clinicians admitting new patients.
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments per Executive Director request, as well as any state specific required training per state regulation/practice act requirements.
- Directs team in adherence to and participates in the Episode Management process.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.