Provides administrative support to the Olgoonik Corporation (OC) Board of Directors through the OC Office in Wainwright as well as office administrative and customer service support, in conjunction with other Shared Services team members in Wainwright and Anchorage. The primary responsibilities are Board and Governance support, and secondary duties include OC Office administrative support.
Board of Directors/Governance Support
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with board members, fellow employees, shareholders, industry partners, governmental agencies, foundations, and other quasi-governmental organizations in Alaska and the community of Wainwright.
• Maintain confidential information and use sound judgement as to the sensitivity of information.
• Manage and provide administrative support to the OC Board of Directors including but not limited to:
o Maintain regular communication with directors on board-related matters; deliver paperwork to Wainwright-based directors as necessary.
o Manage meeting logistics: schedule and prepare conference rooms; plan and/or procure meals and refreshments; assist in running meeting presentations as needed.
o Assist Governance personnel with development of board meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
o Maintain records of meetings, including the archiving and storage of past meeting minutes and documents.
o Accurately manage complex travel and lodging arrangements, including the coordination of related per diem and honorarium forms for directors.
o Provide the Board of Directors and Committees with documents and meeting materials in a timely manner.
o Track director attendance at meetings for reporting purposes and stipend deductions, per board policy.
o Manage board calendars and schedules, and work with corporate personnel to ensure all board regular, special, and committee meetings, Wainwright Steering Committee meetings, and other special community meetings are logged in board calendars, including but not limited to community, local, and borough government meetings; disseminate information to department personnel as needed.
• Manage document control for corporate files in Wainwright including but not limited to:
o Corporate and board governance documents: Board meeting documents, policies, bylaws, and articles of incorporation.
o Research and provide archived documents to staff and approved external contacts as needed.
o Follow document dissemination policies including shareholder information requests.
o Routes document information requests related to other departments to appropriate personnel.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of meetings of the Wainwright Steering Committee, VOICE of the Arctic Inupiat, and other community governance needs and events.
• Assist with corporate events such as the Annual Meeting of Shareholders, community meetings, board retreats, board meetings, AFN meetings, and other special events; some travel and overtime may be required.
• Reconcile expense reports and credit card statements/receipts following established guidelines.
• Process and coordinate board-related vendor invoices and check requests.
OC Wainwright Office Support
• Perform office operation procedures including but not limited to office supply inventory and ordering, contributing to office cleanliness, and basic janitorial services.
• Ensure shareholder questions, concerns, and activities are addressed and routed to appropriate personnel. Interfaces with and assists with contacting board members, shareholders, residents, Olgoonik employees, and other local entities by phone, mail, VHF, providing printed materials, in-person, by email and other electronic methods.
• Cross-train with and provide backup support for other positions in the Wainwright office and other team members in related departments as needed.
• Support Shareholder Services and Stock departments in providing customer service to shareholders and filing of documents/records relating to corporate stock and OC shareholders.
• Compile routine and non-routine documents, including but not limited to correspondence, policies, presentations, procedures, reports, work instructions, minutes, and logs.
• Perform other duties as assigned and assist with special projects as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; applicable experience may be substituted for degree.
• Minimum of three years’ experience providing direct administrative support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in performing assigned tasks and projects.
• Must have the ability to work effectively following deadlines, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
• Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain timely and regular attendance.
• Must be able to demonstrate a track record of anticipating needs and successfully executing using sharp communication, intuition, and project planning expertise.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Willing to learn and be proficient in GoToMeeting software.
• Must be proactive and should possess independent sound judgment and discretion.
• Strong analytical and decision-making ability.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment.
Some travel may be required for training and business necessity.