Are your career minded, have detail to attention, sense of urgency and demonstrate leadership skills. We are looking for a supervisor that can lead by example, create a teamwork atmosphere and help continue to grow the company.
Shared Hospital Services is looking for a Production Supervisor in Portsmouth, Va. This position is primarily Monday- Friday with weekends off and is paid a competitive wage depending on experience. It also offers medical/dental insurance, company paid life insurance/STD, LTD, company matched 401k retirement plan, and earned paid time off benefits.
ABOUT SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES
Shared Hospital Services was founded with the mission to achieve and maintain, through a system of laundry/linen management, and unequaled level of measurable quality and productivity in the services and delivery of laundry/linen services. Our commitment to providing service that is second-to-none requires that we hire and retain employees with a proven record of success. That is why we offer the best possible work conditions, nice compensation packages, and numerous incentives to our employees.
Summary: Directs the activities of employees in various departments, such as: soil room, wash room, flatwork, finishing or other in-plant production operations. Possesses overall working working knowledge of laundry operations and demonstrates superior interpersonal skills.
Primary Job Duties:
- Directs the activities of laundry employees; motivates and encourages subordinates.
- Plans work schedules to meet production goals and deadlines.
- Maintains standards of production and quality based upon company policy.
- Records and maintains production records, time and payroll data, etc.
- Monitors and enforces safety and housekeeping standards.
- Recommends and implements process improvement measures.
- All other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Associate must be able to interact appropriately with coworkers and direct their daily activities. Must be able to instruct coworkers how to operate laundry equipment in a safe manner.
- Associate must be knowledgeable of all company personnel policies.
- Associate must be able to direct and motivate coworkers to achieve all production requirements.
- Associate must be willing to work in unfavorable conditions such as hot and cold temperatures.
- Associate must be able to repetitively bend, stretch, push and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Associate must be able to stand or walk 100% of the workday.