Full-Time 350 7th St N Management Day * Essential Job Accountabilities * Job Summary: * The Manager III NPG is responsible for managing the day to day operations of assigned NCH Physician Group Outpatient Physician office. The scope of responsibility is based upon the total weighted average of RVU's; gross charges, staff and provider count, locations, and primary vs specialty. The Manager III NPG reports to a Regional Administrator and will demonstrate a track record of accomplishment in healthcare operations and personnel supervision within a group practice environment and holds ultimate responsibility for operational and financial performance for assigned practices/ancillary departments. The Manager III NPG is responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, performance evaluation of his/her office staff and works to directly support physicians and other providers in the office setting. Above all, this position serves to exceed the expectations of patients and all other customers we serve. * Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation within areas as assigned.
* Assumes overall responsibility for personnel management and staffing of the assigned practices/ancillary departments. This includes interviewing and hiring staff following established procedures. Coordinates orientation of new employees. Oversees and participates in staff training and development. Ultimately assumes responsibility for ensuring staff perform their job duties in an exemplary fashion while at the same time addressing instances of staff performance that fall below the established departmental and NCH standards. Ensures staff members remain in compliance with continuing education requirements. Oversees staff work time management and payroll needs. Performs staff evaluations.
* Ensures practice/departmental operations adhere in all respects to applicable operational policies, procedures, and standards, covering all aspects of practice/department operations. As shown in NRC metrics.
* Ensures practice/departmental operations are carried out in a manner that continuously demonstrates the highest level of customer service, resulting in satisfied patients, patient family members, physicians, advanced providers, co-workers, and other constituents.
* Analyzes and oversees all operations, procedures, and processes applicable to assigned practices/departments to achieve an exceptionally high degree of efficiency and standardization. Such procedures and processes include but are not limited to: check-in; check-out; patient registration; patient appointment scheduling; telephone management; medical records management; ancillary/specialty referral/appointment management; patient flow; front-desk operations; forms management; equipment management, supply and inventory management.
* Ensures practices/departments always maintain compliance with applicable regulatory agencies including JCAHO standards.
* Ensure practices/departments perform revenue cycle functions in a manner consistent with established policies. This includes, but is not limited to, collection of patient balances due; communication with the NPG revenue cycle team; proper patient registration; and effective charge capture.
* Promotes effective marketing of the practices/departments through a variety of internal and external efforts including, but not limited to: development and distribution of patient brochures; aggressive and proactive new physician/provider outreach; ensuring practice delivers the highest level of customer service possible, active participation in community events.
* Develops, oversees and manages the practice/departmental budgets. Ensures the practice/departmental financial performance meets or exceeds budget. Evaluates, identifies, and implements initiatives that service to reduce costs or increase revenues. Responsible for effective management of supplies and drug/medication inventory and practice/departmental payables.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
* Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required; Preferably in business or healthcare administration.
* Minimum of 4 years' experience in healthcare management; preferably in a physician practice setting.
* MGMA certification or actively enrolled in program and completed within 1 year in position
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and writing communication skills required.
* Exemplary leadership qualities.
* The ability to relate and deal effectively with physicians, administrators, support staff, and the general public with a high degree of tact and discretion required.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows