Licensed Vocational Nurse / LVN
Medical City Lewisville
Perform directed practice under the supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, physician assistant, or physician within the scope of the Licensed Vocational Nurse as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
Provider of Care
- Assist in the determination of predictable healthcare needs of clients within structured healthcare settings who are experiencing common, well-defined health problems with predictable outcomes.
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal directed, and age specific care.
- Collect data and perform focused nursing assessments.
- Participate in the planning of nursing care needs for patients, and in modifying the nursing care plan for assigned patients.
- Implement appropriate aspects of care within the LVN scope of practice, including compliance with other laws applicable to the practice setting.
- Implement the teaching plan for patients with common health problems and well defined learning needs.
- Provide direct basic care to assigned multiple patients in a structured setting.
- Assist in the evaluation of the patient’s responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions.
- Utilize a problem-solving approach as the basis for decision making in practice.
Coordinator of Care
- Assign specific tasks, activities and functions and maintain appropriate supervision of unlicensed personnel in structured health setting for patients with predictable health care needs.
Member of a Profession
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided to patients.
- Act as a patient advocate to maintain a safe environment of care for patients.
- Demonstrate behaviors that promote development of positive outcomes in relation to the practice of vocational nursing.
- Participate in the management of information and use therapeutic communication in the clinical practice environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to be an effective member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Treat all patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, language, religion and culture.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- Current license by the State of Texas as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Basic Life Support
- NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Program Provider (NICU only)
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate environment.
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you – our treasured patients – with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.