Sign on bonus is available up to $10,000 for this position
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCAHealthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity.We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Registered Nurse today withHCA LewisGale Hospital Pulaski.
AtHCA LewisGale Regional Health System, we want to ensure your needs are met. Weoffer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along withsome uniquebenefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment-up to $150 a month
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years ofservice)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Youcontribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives andyou have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedRN like you to be a part of our team.
Jobduties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstratesaccountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patientoutcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning,intervening and evaluating care.
- Demonstratesstrong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skillswhile following established policies including those related to confidentiality(written, verbal, electronic and digital).
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to reportcritical information or change in condition.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering throughpresence and attentiveness. Demonstrates timely pain assessment andreassessment.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and thehealthcare team to coordinate care for an effective and current plan of care.
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP) is located in thebeautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Pulaski is considered a neighbor tothe Virginia Tech Hokie community and is a short 45-minute drivefrom Roanoke, VA. The HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital is a 147-bedacute care facility with more than 350 employees and has been recognized byJoint Commission as a Top Performer. The medical staff includes a wide range ofprimary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology,Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well asHospitalists.
Our Medical Surgical team hasdiverse capabilities to offer care to patients with a range of conditions suchas joint injuries, infectious diseases, chemotherapy treatment along withvarious general medical conditions. Our unit is an incredible team ofclose-knit health professionals, both highly experienced as well as recentlygraduated RN's. We are welcoming and enthusiastic about providing support andmentorship for our newest team members.
Here is some additional informationregarding the LGHP Medical/Surgical Unit:
- A typical Med/Surg unit
- Includes Telemetry and Progress Care Unit populations
- Non- titratable drips and continuous cardiac monitoring
- Orthopedic, cardiac, stroke populations serviced in addition to the general medical surgical population
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Bea part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewingapplications for our RN opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptlycontacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar inpatient care!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.