Up to $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Portsmouth Regional Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide direct nursing care and administrative support to our 23-bed intensive care step-down unit. In this role, you will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan that meets each patient’s needs. Our team is amazing, and we consider ourselves a family who works hard to support each other. If you are someone who is dedicated and compassionate about critical care nursing and who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do, then this is the right job for you.
- Your role is to provide direct patient care dedicated to stroke and trauma, including titrating and vasoactive IV-drips.
- You will monitor, record and communicate patient conditions as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- On our team, you will manage patients with high risk surgeries as well as ortho and trauma related surgeries. You will work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You will instruct and educate patients and family members.
- Coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
- BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association and/or American Red Cross)
- Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia – (within 3 months from hire)
- PCCN Certification (preferred)
- TNCC Certification (preferred)
- TCAR Certification (preferred)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 234-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH. We serve the Seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. The hospital is one of the area's largest employers. We are the only ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center on New Hampshire's Seacoast. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the Seacoast's only comprehensive heart and vascular program. Also, the only Comprehensive Stroke Center on the Seacoast. We provide 7 comprehensive neurosurgical and stroke clot retrieval and aneurysm coiling programs for both ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes. Portsmouth Regional Hospital, is a member of HCA Healthcare's Capital Division, one of the nation's leading providers of health care services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.