DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $35.27 - $52.92 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Sunrise Hospital have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a Pediatrics Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
Sunrise Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a Pediatrics Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking an experienced Pediatric Registered Nurse to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals. In this role you will provide the best possible preventative and supportive care to each patient based upon their individual needs. We are seeking for a team member who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. If that is you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
- You will formulate a plan of care for patients with complicated medical problems in collaboration with patient and family, through observation of the patient’s physical condition and behavior and interpretation of information obtained from the patient and others which ensures that direct and indirect nursing care provides for the patient’s safety, comfort, hygiene and restorative measures.
- You will perform skills essential to the kind of nursing action to be taken, explains the health treatment to the patient and family and teaches the patient and family how to care for the client’s health needs.
- You will delegate tasks to health team members based on their legal scope of practice and capabilities, follows up with health care team members and provides effective clinical guidance of patient care being given. Performs the duties of charge nurse as assigned.
- You will evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care through observation of the patient’s physical condition and behavior, signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment and through communication with the patient and health care team members and modifies the plan as needed.
- You will act as the patient’s advocate, as circumstances require, by initiating the procedure to improve health care or to change decisions or activities which are against the interests or wishes of the patient and by giving the patient and family the opportunity to make informed decisions about health care before it is provided.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high-quality, advanced healthcare services. We have been serving our community for nearly 60 years. Sunrise Hospital has been a Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years. We are the largest acute care facility in Nevada and the state's only fresh post-op Pediatric CICU. Our facility offers an advanced comprehensive stroke center which received the Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the GWTG.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Pediatrics Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.