Oviedo Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse Emergency Room position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
*This position is at the Freestanding ER in Baldwin Park - Located at 2361 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando 32807 Shift 11a-11p
We are offering a $10,000 Sign on Bonus!
Oviedo Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Oviedo Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a dynamic Emergency Room RN to join our team. To be successful in this role you must be a quick thinker, decision-maker, and multitasker, with a willingness to adapt to whatever the day may bring. In this role you will provide nursing care on cases ranging from minor injuries to acutely or critically ill patients. You would be part of a phenomenal team that works hard to support each other while providing excellent care to our patients in a collaborative manner.
What will you do in this role:
- Triage, assess and treat patients of all ages
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient and the situation
- Develop plans that prescribe strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Manage multiple cases simultaneously providing general nursing care and prioritizing needs continually
- You will provide follow up care instructions to patients and make necessary referrals
- You must coordinate functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital, while being patient focused and safety aware at all times
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida, multistate or able to obtain licensure prior to start is required
- Associate Degree, or Registered Nurse Diploma
- 1-3 years’ experience as RN in acute care environment is preferred
- BLS must be obtained prior to first employment start date
- NIH Stroke Scale must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt, or PALS Instructor must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
Oviedo Medical Center is a 64-bed acute care hospital. We serve east Seminole County and surrounding communities. We offer a full range of healthcare services. Our services include surgical inpatient units and intensive care. We deliver 24/7 emergency care. Our hospital offers medical cardiology and telemetry. We provide inpatient and outpatient surgery, and women’s services including labor and delivery. Our hospital offers comprehensive diagnostic imaging. We also offer cardiopulmonary services and cardiac catheterization. We are committed to providing patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Emergency Room opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.