YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. We are looking for someone who is keen to take on the initiative and contribute to YVR’s Health and Safety Team with a proactive and collaborative approach to a variety of health and safety issues.
The Safety Coordinator is someone who has the capacity to use their health and safety education and experience to advance YVR’s Health and Safety goals and objectives to meet the needs of the organization. The successful person in this role is a fast learner and creative problem solver with the ability to use sound judgment effectively and collaboratively in a complex and dynamic environment. Working in health and safety at an international airport crosses over a number of different types of safety with interesting and challenging aspects; You will always be learning and evolving as you support internal business partners and external collaborators.
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of health and safety training and development initiatives
- Assist in incident reviews and investigations to determine root causes and implementation of corrective actions where necessary
- Assist in the administration, documentation, and management of key YVR’s health and safety programs
- Scheduling and coordination, including documentation of various safety-related committees
- General oversight and administration of the documentation for the company's safety procedures, accidents, and related events
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in health and safety related field preferred and/or minimum three years related experience in health and safety
- Thorough knowledge of federal and provincial regulations governing occupational health and safety
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with evidence of strong relationship-building skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.