Ding! Ding! Trams are the heartbeat of Melbourne – come be part of our team on the largest and most iconic tram network in the world.
About this opportunity
We are looking for an inspiring leader who is passionate about data, integration and processes. Reporting to the Manager, Application Services Delivery a typical week in this role might look like/this role involves:
• Accountable for management of the Yarra Trams’ Azure and SQL Platform
• Provide advice, guidance and expertise in solution design as well as financial evaluation and costing of recommendations
• Support the implementation of the Data and Information Management Plan (DIMP)
• Adherence to ITIL practices including incident, problem and change management
• Build and maintain an effective manager-employee relationship
• Design and build reusable frameworks for enriching data ingestion & transformation patterns
• Develop standards, processes and practices for Azure data and integration platform
• Manage and schedule resources to meet the BAU and/or enhancement workload demands
Ideally you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology and significant proven experience, relevant to this discipline.
• Experience in managing a DevOps environment and Agile delivery methods
• Good understanding and skills in the Microsoft suite including SQL Server, .NET stack and Azure (Data and Integration) Platform
• Proven experience implementing large-scale data warehouse/data lake solutions involving data ingestion, data collection and processing
• Experience with key ITIL disciplines including Incident, Request Fulfilment, Problem, Change and Release Management
• Strong technical knowledge of data integrations, ETL data warehouse, data modelling and Azure Integration services
We really do want you to bring your whole self to work. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the list below, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Why Yarra Trams?
Do you want to be a part of a workplace that is based on respect, promotes diversity, and encourages inclusiveness?
If you choose to work with us, you will be joining a team of passionate professionals dedicated to the delivery and improvement of Melbourne’s biggest icon! Additionally, you will receive:
• A Free travel pass for Victoria’s Public Transport Network
• Competitive salary and great conditions
• Workplace flexibility
• Professional Development
• Career growth opportunities
• A commitment to your health and wellbeing including free flu vax, discounted gym membership, and access to our Employee assistance program (EAP)
• Paid Parental leave and paid superannuation for primary caregivers
About Yarra Trams
Our passengers, community, people, and operations are the four foundational pillars of our organisation, which help us to continuously improve and deliver safer, better, and more efficient tram services across Melbourne.
As the proud operator of the world's largest tram network and integral part of Melbourne's transport network, Keolis Downer is committed to moving Melbourne forward by delivering solutions for better tram journeys.
We are dedicated to caring for each other, our passengers, and our communities. Yarra Trams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across our teams. In support of our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, we encourage candidates with a disability, of all ages and people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Please note, our selection process will include pre-employment checks, including police check and pre-employment medical check. Additionally in line with the government COVID-19 regulation changes, all permitted workers and return to office workers are required to be fully vaccinated unless they have a legitimate and lawful exemption. Evidence of your COVID-19 digital vaccination or exemption certificate will be required.