About the Job
Are you looking for a career at one of the leading semiconductor companies in the world? Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an Analog Mixed Signal Design Verification Engineer to join the team of enthusiastic engineers who develops highly complex mixed signal devices for audio applications with industry leading performance.
These audio products are truly mixed-signal devices with highly integrated digital circuits such as a DSP core for digital filters and audio signal processing blocks, hardware processing blocks, analog controllers, various serial interfaces (Audio serial interfaces, I2C, SPI) and other digital blocks like clock-generation, registers map etc.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an established team that’s continuing to look for growth opportunities, working with worldwide leading customers and developing cutting edge solutions in the areas of consumer electronics, industrial and automotive markets.
Position : Analog Mixed Signal Design Verification Engineer
Domain : Audio Amplifiers
Location : Bangalore
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's/Master's Degree in EE
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
· 1-3 years of AMS design verification experience.
What can you expect to learn in this role/Opportunity?
· To work with the best experts in the industry.
· To develop capability to work effectively in a technically challenging fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· To innovate on core technology in verification methodologies & influence decisions that have wide business impact across many products & teams.
· To work on cutting edge industry leading products.
· To learn overall product development Process and directly influence the features, differentiation & quality of the product.
· To learn and develop business insights, drive open discussions with business & technology leaders and drive decisions impacting product & technology execution.
· To build strong, influential relationships with domain experts.
· To develop good communication, interpersonal skills while interacting with worldwide cross functional experts.
· To learn identifying risks across domains and adapt to support changing priorities.
· To present analysis and conclusions to internal customers and business leaders in a comprehensive and effective manner.
· To work closely with cross-domain experts other engineers and interns.
· Strong Electrical engineering & basic digital design fundamentals.
· Experience in building test benches, Analog behavioral models, checkers, and other ways to automate verification.
· Hands on experience in AMS cosim, RTL and Gate level simulations of complex ASIC.
· Experience with Verilog/VAMS/VA, System Verilog, UVM.
· Expert in using simulation tools (preferably Cadence).
· Basic scripting knowledge using shell/python/perl.
· Excellent debugging and problem-solving skill.
· Good communication, presentation skills and team work.
· Responsible for creating behavioral model of analog blocks and validation of Model Vs Schematic.
· Develop AMS cosim testbenches, components, drivers at full chip level.
· Responsible to develop detailed coverage driven Verification plan working closing with System and Application team and design team.
· Working on AMS verification of the full chip by working closely with other verification team members including outside services.
· Develop/Enhance SV/UVM based testbenches and tests and simulations at all phases (RTL, GLS),
· RTL and GLS simulation and follow-up with tracking of the various activities. Run coverage and meet the defined coverage goals.
· Good interaction with Analog, Digital and Firmware Design team, systems, test and validation team.
· Excellent teamwork, adapting to situations and ability to guide, help DV members Communication of DV status, issues, and concerns.
· Innovate & drive new and improved design verification methodologies where needed, work with the EDA team to upgrade tools and flows.
· Interacting with Test/Silicon Validation/Application Engineering team to ensure successful use of products and support customer applications debug/analysis.
· Identify and write all types of coverage measures for stimulus and corner-cases.
· Debug tests with design engineers to deliver functionally correct design blocks.
· Close coverage measures to identify verification holes and to show progress towards tape-out.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Effective communication skills to interact with all stakeholders.
· Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions.
· Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to take the initiative and drive for results.
· Ability to build strong, influential relationships with cross-functional teams.
· Experience in silicon debug along with design and silicon validation team.
· Experience in audio signal processing and understanding of audio systems/applications.