Media.net is a leading, global ad tech company that focuses on creating the most transparent and efficient path for advertiser budgets to become publisher revenue. Our proprietary contextual technology is at the forefront of enhancing Programmatic buying, the latest industry standard in ad buying for digital platforms. The Media.net platform powers major global publishers and ad-tech businesses at scale across ad formats like display, video, mobile, native, as well as search. Media.net’s U.S. HQ is based in New York, and the Global HQ is in Dubai.
With office locations and consultant partners across the world, Media.net takes pride in the value-add it offers to its 50+ demand and 21K+ publisher partners, in terms of both products and services.
Media.net in 1 year
- 125B+ ads served
- 17M+ URLs monetized
- 1B+ ad clicks managed
- 6T+ ad impressions delivered
What does the role like?
● Lead and manage a team of 8 to 10 SRE’s.
● Collaborate with various stakeholders, understand requirements, design and implement overall infra strategy
● Design systems architecture for projects using Linux and Linux application stacks(LAMP, Ruby, Postgres, Java, Python etc)
● Capacity planning
● Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms.
● Design and implement internal cloud infrastructure
● Automation and implementation of permanent resolutions to prevent outages/ downtimes
● Responsible for architecting deployments for High Availability, scalability and reliability
● Design and implement platforms for monitoring, log processing, metrics collection and data visualization.
● Script and code tools (in shell/perl/ruby/python etc) for automation and efficient management of sites/products
● Infrastructure and platform security.
● Puppet configuration management.
● Lead and mentor a team of Operations Engineers.
● Liaise with application development teams to drive operational best practices.
Who should apply for this role?
● 8+ years of experience in building or managing large-scale distributed systems, preferably at a major internet property or well-known startup
● BS/MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or related field.
● Can exhibit passion and enthusiasm for remarkable technology (Knowledge and contribution to open source projects, Active Blog, etc. is a plus)
● Ability to learn emerging technical/business standards and apply/coach SRE team in the proper adoption
● Linux: In-depth Linux/Unix fundamentals, good understanding the various Linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc), Understanding of various distributions nuances(RHEL/Centos etc), Package management etc
● Fundamentals: DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
● Storage: RAID, DAS, SAN, NAS
● Virtualization: Software and Hardware.
● Application Stacks: LAMP, Nginx/HAproxy/ATS, Wackamole, Email Platforms, Tomcat.
● Cloud Infrastructure: OpenStack
● Databases: SQL/RDBMS, MySQL/NDB, Postgres, MySQL/Postgres/Slony Replication.
● Configuration management: Puppet
● Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Kickstart/Cobbler, Mcollective, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
● Scripting/Programming: Multiple scripting/programming languages- Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
● Others: Regular expressions, Excellent troubleshooting skills.
● Systems/Hardware: LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware