As a Technical Lead - Data Engineering within the Global Enterprise Mobility segment (GEM) at our company, you will be part of the team responsible for deploying new tools for analyzing and supporting demand allocation for customer projects from our different businesses. Responsibilities will range from designing analytic tools to deploying dashboards visualizing performance metrics.
In this position, you will focus on:
- Design and build analytic tools and processes to enable businesses.
- Create and present visualizations to convey information effectively.
- Evaluate and define metrics to improve business performance.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams working on data to automate and scale our business processes.
- Contribute and collaborate on the product vision.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud development technologies and best practices.
- Developing, deploying and managing ETL pipelines in highly available production environments.
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis and geospatial data visualization.
- You must be diligent and proactive, and show excellent business judgment and critical thinking, along with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a congenial, fast-paced team environment.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience with Hadoop, map/reduce, Spark, Kafka, Impala, or other big data technologies.
- Familiarity with RDBMS technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with modern DevOps toolchains.
- Experience in JIRA, Jenkins, Splunk, Grafana, or similar is a plus.
Additionally, you should have familiarity and working knowledge of:
- Familiarity with AWS development standard methodologies and toolsets.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning tools and techniques.
- Experience with any scripting language (Python, Ruby, BASH, etc.).
- Experience with several languages, including Python, Java, Scala, and C/C++.
- Experience with Linux environment and common tools.
- Experience in having built available, API-driven web services (Node.js, Angular.js, d3)
- Full stack development