Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes. From creating intelligent hybrids to building driverless vehicles, evolving existing technologies to discovering new energy storage, our ambition for the future of our vehicles and the industry beyond is endless.
At Jaguar Land Rover we’re working hard to create entertaining, convenient and seamlessly connected cars that fit perfectly into our customers’ lives all around the world.
The Connected Infotainment team is integral to making that vision a reality, by leveraging technology stacks such as AWS, HTML5 and Node.js to bring to life features like media streaming and in-car payment services.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic systems architect with a passion for technology who can help us deliver our vision. This role is perfect for someone with a knack for problem solving, systems requirements and design experience, and strong interpersonal skills.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Squad sprint velocity
- Solution performance
- Defect fix rates and fix-fail rates
- Reduction of technical debt
- Commonality and complexity metrics
- Design Robustness (agreed recovery from failures in FMA or equivalent)
- Scalability and extensibility (Applicability of design scales up to multiple systems: based on review)
- Project Deliverables timing
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the squad’s product owner and systems engineers to translate customer/business needs into system requirements and high level designs
- Review and sign off low level designs
- Conduct root cause analysis on defects, identify interim and permanent fixes, and validate the fixes
- Manage suppliers to ensure fixes and functionality are delivered, integrated and tested in a timely manner
- Collatborate with other squads to ensure interfaces between components are well architected
- Support proof-of-concept projects and technical feasibility studies
- Provide technical and logistical support to the Connected Infotainment Environment squad and other related teams
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior engineers
Support supplier sourcing decisions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of fundamental software design concepts
- Experience of applying Systems Engineering methodology - system definition, architecture development, requirements specification, design modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
- SysML / UML modelling languages
- Experience with Android application development - Mandate
- Experience in analysing software performance
- Experience of distributed systems
- Awareness of AWS/GCP technologies, e.g. Certified Cloud Practitioner - Mandate
Good verbal and written communications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
Relevant degree (e.g. Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent experience preferred.
- An individual with a strong awareness of the impact their decisions have on end customers and the business
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- An effective team player who supports team members
- An individual who promotes positivity and transparency in their interactions with colleagues and suppliers
- An individual with enthusiasm for connected/consumer technology
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
- An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
- An individual with demonstrable experience of creatively solving technical problems
- An individual with demonstrable experience of contributing to innovation