Furlenco - A House of Kieraya brand - India’s leading furniture and lifestyle brand was established in 2011. With flexibility and accessibility at its core offerings, Furlenco today provides its consumers with the freedom of choice (to choose any furniture they want), access (in whatever way they want), and change (by returning or selling back).
Rental packages start at Rs.999 per month and brand new designer furniture is available for buying starting at Rs.5999. Customers can currently access the latest offerings on furlenco.com and its microsite store.furlenco.com.
Role: CMF Designer
This is a great opportunity to join an incredible design team, full of talented people, who love solving interesting problems and designing furniture with attention to every detail.
As a CMF Designer at Furlenco, you will be in charge of the CMF strategies contributing to the long-term road map. You will be expected to work closely with the Furniture team to develop and drive Colors, Materials and Finishes (CMF). Continually seek out and share; new materials, processes, finishes, colors & trim directions, and innovative surface designs.
● Research consumer lifestyle and product design trends, translating them into cohesive CMF strategies that strengthen our product branding story & strategy.
● Understand CMF challenges and identify solutions in executing CMF strategy from concept to
feasible execution for production.
● Develop an existing product material library and maintain the same with their test reports.
● Understanding the furniture designer’s vision and ability to drive and make decisions on behalf of the project.
● Work with cross-functional teams and material vendors to develop both successful material
samples and standards for production
● Candidates must be able to work independently as well within a team environment and excel in a
dynamic hands-on corporate environment.
● Be adaptive and highly responsive to program needs. Responsible for additional duties as
● Candidates must have the ability to visualize & represent the CMF concept in 3D Space
by software simulation.
● Work closely with 3D visualizers to generate CMF concepts.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Graduate in Textile / Styling / Visual Merchandiser from NID/ NIFT or equivalent Design School.
● 5+ years of experience in consumer-facing product development or in a CMF design role.
● Knowledge and experience in the product lifecycle to develop effective CMF solutions.
● Knowledge and experience working with a range of materials and processes.
● Excellent visual and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and a strong eye for design.
● Ability to provide a high-level assessment of a manufacturer’s competencies.
● Proficient in Adobe Suite (PS & AI) preferred.
10 % travel to warehouse and vendor manufacturing units.