Opentext - The Information Company
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText is seeking a talented, personable technical writer who contributes to the Product Information team by creating sophisticated technical documentation for a variety of software products. As a technical writer at OpenText, you plan the documentation strategy, create content, contribute to department innovations, and produce professional online help and guides. As a customer advocate, you participate in the planning process and help define the product documentation requirements.
You Are Great At
- Producing high-quality, clear, accurate, and complete documentation with no errors, within established deadlines.
- Organizing and prioritizing tasks and have exceptional analytical skills.
- Managing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Working in an agile development environment and having the ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources, including development, QA, UXD, and product management.
- Researching and learning new technologies in Technical Communications.
What It Takes
- University degree or college diploma (BA or MA), preferably in English, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or Instructional Design, with 5 to 12 years of technical writing experience.
- Exceptional English and communication skills. Experience writing using a corporate style guide and following documentation processes.
- Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, and WebWorks ePublisher. Sound knowledge of XML and HTML and various help formats.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management tools, such as Perforce, and bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and creating single-source and minimalist content. Familiarity with DITA/DocBook and topic-based writing methodologies.
- Knowledge of documentation localization processes as well as software usability principles.
- Ability to create high quality graphics using tools, such as Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of video production techniques and experience with tools such as Camtasia.
- Excellent knowledge of computer development environments, operating systems, programming languages, and mobile devices.
- Ability to create customer-focused content using user personas and customer research.
- Experience defining and following documentation standards and best practices.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, OpenText’s global vaccination policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter an OpenText office. Accommodations may be available for specific roles.