Application Support Analyst – AEM/Web Content
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at a scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson Marketing Cloud (PMC) is our Global Technology Platform that enables customers to access learning products and services through eCommerce and Digital Marketing journeys. We currently process more than 80% of global Pearson eCommerce revenue and serve 50% of all Pearson web traffic, with over 24 million page views per month.
We are looking for a Systems analyst with experience in Java who is keen to support customer-facing content on our websites, with a keen interest in eCommerce and a passion for technology. Our mission is to deliver ecommerce capabilities within a single codebase and across multiple eCommerce sites serving our Learners, Educators and Practitioners.
We currently run a large eCommerce platform serving the full-stack, but we want to start to move towards the next-generation of eCommerce architectures – headless, API-first, cloud-native and micro-service based. Join a high performing team within a highly specialized technology department which focuses on delivery and transformation!
As a Systems Analyst for Web Content, you will:
- Provide ongoing support to address incidents and problems in an exciting and challenging environment with lots of learning opportunities
- Lead/oversee daily/weekly touch-point meetings with business and partner application teams including vendor teams.
- Be a passionate team member with focus on end customers
- Be proactive in identifying issues and take ownership in helping to resolve them
- Focus on reducing recurrence of issues by implementing good monitoring controls across the various applications.
- Implement new functionality/ enhance existing functionality on the global Adobe Experience Manager
- Willing to learn and work with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) & SAP Hybris Commerce
- Follow and contribute to the project's technical best practices and development standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team’s way of working
- Have a strong focus on high quality throughout the entire process, working closely with the Quality Assurance stream and various development streams
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers, Technical Leads & Solutions Architects for aspects related to integrations with other systems.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- 4+ years working Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Previous experience as a support analyst is desired
- Experience of AWS and micro-service architecture (desirable)
- Experience with troubleshooting, logging and monitoring tools
- Any experience with supporting E-commerce platforms and payment systems will be a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Adept at learning new technology, systems and functionality.