Huntsman’s Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Production Operator who will operate plant equipment and chemical processes safely and efficiently to production output. This role is an active, full member of the production team, located in Los Angeles, California.
As the Production Operator, you will:
- Safely handle chemicals and chemical processing equipment (vessels, mixers, reactors, dischargers, etc) for the manufacture of epoxy and polyurethane type formulations for aerospace, electronics, tooling, etc.
- Processes incorporate heating, cooling, vacuum, pressure, nitrogen purging and exothermic reactions.
- Applicant must be able to follow instructions precisely as written (in English) as well as verbally and adhere to all safety precautions and PPE (personal protection equipment) requirements.
- Shift work is required.
- Good housekeeping is essential along with motivation for high quality.
- Working knowledge of basic mathematics and science/engineering is necessary.
- Use of a forklift and physical handling of drums is common.
- The role also includes the filling of containers and cleaning of equipment and tools.
- The individual should be able to work independently as well as part of a team, following instructions and completing tasks as assigned by Supervisor/Lead Operator.
- Must be accurate and precise.
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Participates in Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
- Skills and experiences required:
- A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with 1 – 3 years of related experience in a manufacturing facility, preferable a chemical formulation plant.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Very good communication skills as position that interfaces with various departments and contractors.
- Dealing with ambiguity and priority setting
- Proven understanding of day to day business activities, reporting and operations.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work well with others and works well in a team setting.
- Able to communicate clearly with line supervisors and management.
Starting rate for Production Operator is $31.20/hr. plus $2.00/hr. shift differential for hours worked on 2nd shift. Step progression available based on qualification - minimum of 12 months prior to associate qualifying.
Huntsman offers outstanding benefits which start from Day One:
- Competitive healthcare, dental, and vision.
- One additional week of paid time off - on top of vacation.
- 401k – Huntsman automatically contributes 6% of eligible pay, regardless of employee contribution. In addition to the 6% non-discretionary contribution, Huntsman will match $1 for every $1 you contribute up to a maximum match of 4% of eligible pay.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “@huntsman.com” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.